Application Process For The GED
How can you apply for GED?
Imagine you have already passed the age of getting a high school degree or diploma owing to certain circumstances in your life, and due to the lack of education, have not been able to find a suitable job to run your family! Owing to similar circumstances, so many adults not only in the United States but also in other countries have lost the hope of earning their livelihood after having waited for a long time. However, such people in America are lucky to have opportunities in the form of the GED test that can help them shape their future.
How can you Apply for the GED Test?
The test comprises five separate examinations. They are the Language Arts, Reading section; Language Arts, Writing Part I and Part II; Mathematics, Social Studies and Science. The Writing part I section consists of writing an essay whereas; the other test sections are of multiple-choice types except for the Mathematics section. It also contains the alternate-format questions that consist of the standard grid and coordinate plane grid. To answer such questions, you have to derive an answer rather than choose it from among the given alternatives. After you have collected complete details, you can apply for it by referring to the official website. It provides you with a list of test centers across the United States along with the respective links to reach complete descriptions about those test centers. The following steps should be followed to get access to the application process:
- Log on to the following webpage: http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm and enter the zip code of the area where you reside.
- You will get the names of those test centers that are located near your place of residence.
- Visit the following webpage: http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/GED_Preparation_Info.htm of the official website and refer to the test centers that are arranged in an alphabetical order.
- You can click on a test center in the United States of America and go through its application process.
- Suppose that you have chosen Alabama Department of Post Secondary Education as the most suitable test center. Now, what you need to do is to open the link that is mentioned along with its address on the official website.
- Once you have clicked on the link, you will come across to a long list of 49 test centers in Alabama along with their respective links and a map to show their locations, to get access to the application procedures that are associated with them.
- You can refine your search of the most suitable test center in Alabama by choosing one of the 49 test centers.
- Suppose that you have chosen Alabama A&M University as the most convenient test center for you. Further, you will get the address, phone number and location of Alabama A&M University. Thus, you can contact this university for detailed information.
Note: Question papers vary with the test centers. They create their own practice test papers and provide aspirants with the same types of questions in the actual exam.
Can you think over Other Methods to be Acquainted with GED?
The process that is mentioned above is one of the ways to apply. Alongside, you can also come to know about this exam from your friend circle. If you have discussed with any of your friends about your plight of not being able to support your family with the meager amount of money that you earn with a common job, you can receive an idea of the examination and the ways to apply. This is the most obvious way by which you can be informed about the test. Besides, if you have the habit of browsing web pages through Internet, you can come across GED, its importance in your life and the ways by which you can apply and take the test. Moreover, you might find yourself lucky enough to meet an experienced person who had the same problem in past and come to a solution after getting a diploma in high school through the test.
It is obvious from the above discussion that this article intends to convey to you the methods by which you can get access to the procedures and apply for it.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page