Why Should You Earn a GED Certification?
The data obtained from the official website of GED reveals that more than 17 million adults have earned a GED credential since 1942 and the first state in the United States to accept the GED certificates earned by adults was New York. Since then about 50 states in the United States and several other countries across the world have accepted the GED certificates of the needy adults.
Is a GED Certificate Important for you?
GED has its root in the importance of war veterans of the United States of America. It focuses mainly on the soldiers who wished to recommence their civilian life. It is obvious that unless they take up a good job to earn their livelihood, they cannot earn a satisfactory civilian life. However, many soldiers are not educated even up to the high school level. Thus, to overcome this problem of earning a degree or diploma in high school and then getting a good job, GED came forward and helped the education-deprived soldiers. Gradually, the scope for the GED widened and it sprayed its concept to other education-deprived and unemployed adults. You can earn GED diploma in high school, if you really need to find a source of monthly income but do not hold a high school certificate. Now, the query that immediately arises in your mind is how can you earn a GED certificate and get a degree or diploma equivalent to a high school degree?
How can you earn a GED Certificate?
You can sit before a computer and browse through the web pages of the official website of GED. You will quickly get almost all the information that is needed to earn GED credential. The steps that you have to tread on are not difficult. What you need to do is to:
- Learn about the Test Sections and Test Formats of GED The various test sections that comprise the GED test are the Language Arts, Reading; Language Arts, Writing Part I and Part II; Mathematics; Social Studies and Science. All these test sections except for the Writing Part II section entail multiple-choice questions. The latter requires you to write an essay. However, about 20 per cent of the Mathematics section questions are of alternate-format types i.e. you have to derive answers to questions yourself rather than choosing one of the answers from the given alternatives. Finally, you have to fill answers in the provided grids.
- Choose the Most Suitable Test Center This is the next step to earn GED credential. You can get access to a viable list of GED test preparation centers cum GED test centers. The list contains several test centers across the United States. However, before you begin to click on a test center to get information about it, you have to open the link http://www2.acenet.edu/resources/ged/center_locator.cfm to find the most suitable test center. Once you have opened this link, you can come across the method for finding the nearest test center by filling up the given box with your residence area's zip code.
- Collect Information about the Most Convenient Test Center Now that you already know about the test center that is most suitable for you, you can go to the link http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/test/GED_Preparation_Info.htm and click on the test center. To elaborate on this point, an example is mentioned. Suppose that you have selected Florida Department of Education, United States. This adult education center is famous in Florida as it focuses on the development of basic skills, then secondary skills and also English speaking skills for those GED aspirants who belong to non-English speaking countries. If you want to earn GED certification from this organization, you can refer to sample questions for the GED test preparation from this center by logging on to the link http://www.fldoe.org/workforce/pdf/TABE_book4web.pdf.
- Take Test After you have finished collecting information about the test center and the types of questions that it may ask you in the actual GED, you can then sit in the exam according to the test schedule of that test center to earn GED credential.
- Ask for your GED Transcript Contact the test center where you have taken GED to get your transcript for the GED test .Then only, you can apply for an employment or higher education.
Follow the above-mentioned steps to earn GED credential. Nevertheless, if you do not succeed, try again to find the solution to your problem of unemployment and livelihood. No doubt, success is inspirational but failure is not always disheartening. Sometimes, it inspires you to learn more and finally, achieve success.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page