Learn all about Accredited GED
The primary purpose of conducting the GED or General Educational Development test is to measure the academic skills equivalent to that of an American/Canadian high school student. This five-subject test is conducted by the GED Testing Service of the American Council on Education (ACE) in partnership with the states and jurisdictions of the U.S states, insular areas, military & federal correctional institutions, and veterans administration hospitals, the District of Columbia, and the Canadian provinces & territories. The GED Testing Service formulates the testing procedures and passing standards. The states/jurisdictions manage the accredited GED tests and issue the GED credentials to those who pass the test.
Where to take Accredited GED Test?
You can take the accredited GED test only at the official GED testing centers that are available across the U.S and other countries in the world. In order to know the details of U.S/Canada testing centers or the international testing centers, you can visit the GED testing center locator (http://www.gedtest.org/locator/) or International center locator websites of the GED Testing Service.
Online GED Options
Some online companies offer GED programs that claim to conduct actual GED test that grants a credential. However, beware of such illegitimate programs since accredited GED tests are conducted only at the official GED testing centers. Though online GED testing is not available, practice tests are available online. Many online websites claim to offer sites that offer accredited GED programs that allow you to take online GED test preparation classes and online practice tests, but then you should take the actual GED test only in-person at an official testing center to get a valid GED credential.
GED programs are generally not offered by any online high schools, colleges and universities. However, some of the accredited online high schools recognized by the US Department of Education offer online GED programs. But, it is important that you make a fine research over the Internet before spending your money in joining such online high schools or taking online GED tests. A few of the accredited online high school GED programs are listed below:
- Excel High School Online GED Program http://www.excelhighschool.com/take-ged-online.html Excel high school offers an online accredited GED program that is nationally accredited by NPSAA. The online GED program offered at Excel High School is an accredited online High School Equivalency Certificate program. On successful completion of this program, it guarantees to issue a GED diploma that is valuable for improving your career, education and overall knowledge.
- Liberty High School Online GED Program http://www.libertyonline.us/ Liberty high school offers an accredited GED program that is designed for adults of 18 years or more to complete their high school education. The passing of this online GED test provides opportunities for better work and education.
Tips to Choose an Accredited Online GED Program
The following tips will help you to choose one of the best accredited online GED programs:
- Search over the Internet to determine whether the online GED program you choose is legitimate or not.
- Check whether the GED program is accepted by authorized accrediting agencies listed by the Education Department of your state.
- Check whether the GED credential that is to be issued at the end of the chosen accredited online GED program is accepted by the colleges/universities you want to apply for or the organization where you want to work.
Acquiring your GED through an online program may save your time and money, but you will be really benefited only if you choose an accredited online program. Complete the chosen program successfully and take the actual GED test at one of the official testing centers about which you can decide by visiting the website http://www.gedtest.org/locator/. To know more details regarding the truths and cautions about accredited GED testing online, refer to the ACE website http://www.acenet.edu/Content/NavigationMenu/ged/Truth_About_GED_Test.htm
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page