COMPASS as an Online Test
Step-by-step Guide to Taking COMPASS Test Online
COMPASS is a college placement test taken up by the incoming freshmen. This test identifies your skills and capabilities in five different subject areas. These subject areas are Reading, Writing, Writing Essay, Mathematics and English as a Second Language. It is an untimed test; therefore, there is no need to finish it within a time frame. Therefore, this stress-free test enables you to give your best performance. The COMPASS test is important because the scores obtained in it, enable the educators to advise you on the courses that are best suited for your caliber.
To take the online test, there are a few steps that need to be followed. All these details are given in this article.
When to take the COMPASS test?
Many colleges administer the COMPASS test during the orientation program to incoming freshmen. However, some institutions require you to attempt the online exam before you enroll for a program. Your advisor or counselor will be the best person who can guide you with the specific requirements of a particular institution.
Where to take the COMPASS test?
All the colleges in U.S. offer the COMPASS test and most often the test is taken at the institution where you plan to take up your college courses. However, if you live far away from a college, then you can take it online using the COMPASS Internet National Remote Testing Network. The test is administered in more than 550 centers, through this network, within and outside the U.S. Moreover, you can take the COMPASS test at any of the institutes and request them to send your scores to the college you plan to join.
- The Step-by step Registering Process for COMPASS Remote Testing
- You can call the institution where you are interested in joining and give them your ZIP code. Based on the ZIP code, the institution locates a COMPASS testing center that is closest to you. Now, you are registered to take the test on the internet from within the COMPASS Internet Version Software.
- You will now receive an email confirmation with the information regarding where and how to take the test.
- A proctor fee in the range of $20 to $45 has to be paid by you.
- Advantages of the COMPASS Remote Testing Network
- Due to this system of remote testing, far away institutions also become easily accessible.
- Based on your scores, the institutions can make early interventions and advise you on how you can prepare yourself for the courses, even before you join the institution.
- Registration Process for Taking the Test at the Institute
- Most colleges have online registration forms that can be used by the candidates.
- Once these online forms are registered, you will get an email stating the place and time of the test.
- You would have to take the print out of the email along with an identification card to the center on the day of the test.
COMPASS Test Preparation
Wherever you plan to take the online version of COMPASS, preparation is the key for you to get a good score and only with a high score, can you join the top colleges of the U.S. If you attain a low score in this test, you may have to retake it or consider remedial courses. Both of these would be a waste of time and money. Moreover, the remedial courses will not add to your college credits.
Good COMPASS books and practice tests are available which can be used for your preparation. Since the questions in the test pertain to the syllabus that you have studied in your high school, care must be taken to brush up your basic concepts, principles and formulae before you attempt the exam.
The COMPASS test is a simple test if you have prepared well for it. The test administrators have taken care to ensure that the registration process for COMPASS is simple so that you need not waste time in understanding the registration process. Hence, it is best that you register early and do well in the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page