Requirements for Passing the COMPASS
What is meant by passing the COMPASS Test?
The COMPASS test intends to assess the skills and abilities of
students through the scores that are obtained by them in order to
pursue their college education. It is a computer-adaptive and
multiple-choice test which is driven by software and the level of
difficulty in it increases according to the correct responses provided
by the students. However, passing in this exam is not like the traditional system of testing as the concept of pass/fail does not exist in COMPASS.
COMPASS Test Scores: What do they Imply?
The COMPASS test is not bound by the restrictions of time and the students get an opportunity to take the test at their own pace. In short, each section of the test can be explored by the students before they begin answering the questions. The result or the scores are delivered immediately after the test and the students can discuss them with the advisors and counselors of the institutions for choosing the courses according to their abilities. There are different score ranges for the subjects that are tested in COMPASS that vary for every institution. Thus, the concept of passing implies that the students must obtain a specific score for studying in the entry-level courses in the college.
On the other hand, obtaining low scores indicate that the students require more support through the developmental courses that are taught in the college. In short, there is no pass/fail scores in this test; rather the students should study hard and score well for choosing better courses when it comes to college education. For instance, if a student is keen to study courses based on mathematics, he/she must fulfill the scores specified by the institution for studying in their preferred courses that are relevant to the institution.
Methods of Preparation for COMPASS Test
There are various methods of preparation as far as COMPASS test is concerned. However, the mode of prep will differ for each test taker and it should be decided according to their convenience. While some students prefer to study from books, others may find the online study guides more useful. However, choosing the study guides for this test has no association with passing the COMPASS test as their only purpose is to enhance the scores of the subjects that are tested in this exam.
Preparing and Passing the COMPASS Test
How to prepare for the COMPASS test? While it is difficult to get a specific answer to this question, the points mentioned below sum up the general guidelines that can be followed by all the test aspirants:
- The COMPASS test is computer-adaptive. Thus, the students should preferably choose to take online practice tests regularly for getting or obtaining the required scores.
- Choosing an online prep course will allow the students to get support 24x7. The ideal way of preparing for this test is to avail the live instructions of online courses and supplementing the preparation with books that are available on all the sections of the COMPASS test. This is to ensure that the test takers are able to reach the level of passing scores for studying the basic courses in college.
- While, it is important to choose an authentic study guide for COMPASS prep, self studying is equally important for the students to understand their progress.
- Taking the mock tests regularly will also allow the students to monitor their strengths and weaknesses in the subjects so that they can work harder for obtaining the required scores.
- Since this exam is not time-bound, it is essential for the students to have patience while exploring the questions of the test in order to increase their awareness about the type of questions that are asked in this exam.
The COMPASS is one of the most common tools used by institutions for measuring the aptitude of the students. Although, passing in this test is not essential in the true sense of the term, the students must work hard to achieve their target scores so that they are able to choose the courses that they wish to study in college.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page