Online Math COMPASS
Special Requirements for Taking Math COMPASS Online
The COMPASS Placement test is a computer-adaptive exam, which is taken by the students for continuing their college education. It is one of the primary tools of assessment that is used by colleges for judging the skills and abilities of the test takers. The COMPASS test is inclusive of the following subjects:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as a Second Language
The Sections of COMPASS Math Test
The Mathematics section of COMPASS Placement tests intends to test certain skills of the students. These skills are mentioned in the following points:
- Basic Skills: The test takers have to perform a series of mathematical problems involving basic operations.
- Application Skills: This is for applying the basic skills in order to perform more complex tasks.
- Analysis Skills: The test takers have to prove their knowledge of the concepts of principles and relationships in mathematical tasks.
The test items for COMPASS Math Placement exam are:
- Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra
- College Algebra
Online Math COMPASS offers an excellent opportunity to the test takers to familiarize themselves with the actual test. In fact, there are numerous online resources that offer mock tests to the students at the end of the lessons in order to track their progress in mathematics. Moreover, taking an online practice test is convenient because it allows the students to have the flexibility of timings for honing their skills before taking the actual COMPASS test.
The Prerequisites for Taking Online COMPASS Math Test
However, there are a few requirements that must not be overlooked by those students who intend to take the online Math COMPASS test. The points mentioned below will sum up the special requirements for taking this online test:
- The reliability of the resources that are offering online Math COMPASS test plays a significant role. For instance, the questions that are asked in these tests should be sourced from the sample tests.
- The idea of online Math COMPASS is to provide the students with an environment that resembles the actual test and enhances their confidence for achieving their desired targets in COMPASS test. This is to be ensured by the students before choosing to take these tests.
- The students should analyze their strengths and weaknesses for taking the online Math COMPASS test.
- The COMPASS aspirants must ensure that the questions of the online Math test are recent. In short, outdated questions should be avoided at all costs.
- The actual COMPASS test is a computer-adaptive exam, which is driven by software. Therefore, the online Math COMPASS should also have a similar format. This will allow the students to have a better approach while taking the actual test.
- The online COMPASS math test should contribute towards the scores when the students will take the actual test.
- The online Math COMPASS test should consist of questions related to all the areas of mathematics that are asked on the day of the test.
The Duration of COMPASS Math Test
The COMPASS Math test offers multiple-choice questions to the students. However, the system of COMPASS test is different from the traditional mode of testing as it is not bound by the restrictions of time. In other words, the test takers get adequate time to focus on each question in the test of mathematics for choosing their responses. However, it has been observed that the test takers require around three hours to complete this test.
The online Math COMPASS test has become popular because it is tool that is used by the students to monitor their knowledge and understanding of the COMPASS test thereby allowing them to have more clarity while choosing the subjects that they want to study in college. Taking the online math test is one of the best ways for gauging whether a student is right in choosing his/her subjects for pursuing college education or not. Hence, the online COMPASS test is undoubtedly the most viable solution when it comes to preparation for this test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page