COMPASS Test for North Idaho College
North Idaho College COMPASS Test Schedule
The COMPASS is a computer-adaptive exam that is administered for those students who are keen to pursue their college education. The test is taken in the following subjects:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
The students must apply to North Idaho College before taking the COMPASS test and those who have taken the test within a period of two years should either call in (208)676-7207 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Test Schedule for NIC COMPASS
The following points encompass the schedule of exam offered by the North Idaho College:
- For January 2013, the Sunday tests are to be held on the 30, 6, 13, 20, 27 and 3.
- The Monday test dates for January 2013 include 31, 7, 14, 21, 28 and 4.
- The test dates for Tuesday on January 2013 are 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and 5.
- For January 2013, the Wednesday test dates are 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 and 6.
- The Thursday test dates for January 2013 are 3, 10, 17, 24,31and 7.
- For January 2013, the test dates are 4, 11, 18, 25, 1 and 8.
- For January 2013, the test dates are 5, 12, 19, 26 2 and 9.
Basics of the COMPASS
The points mentioned below include the basic features of the test:
- As far as the examination is concerned, appointments are provided for tests that are usually held in groups according to the requirement of individuals. Although, students can walk in on the dayof the test, those who have fixed appointments get the first opportunity of appearing for the same.
- The COMPASS is not bound by the restriction of time. In fact, the students can take as much time as possible for focusing on each section of the test. The students are allowed to answer each section separately if they are unable to complete all the sections of the test together.
- After the suspension of a test session, it can be resumed again within a period of 30 days. The test is usually completed by the students within a period of 2 hours although this duration may vary individually.
- For the Mathematics section, there are two levels in the beginning that include Pre Algebra Start and Algebra Start. The students must contact the staff of the test center or the advisor in order to know which test they should take.
- The scores are provided to the students immediately after the test.
- The exam is an adaptive test of assessment in which the questions become more difficult according to the number of correct answers offered by the students.
Since the COMPASS is used to evaluate the skills of the students for pursuing further studies in North Idaho College, it is necessary for them to have sufficient preparation for the subjects that are tested. For North Idaho College, the students must follow the norms of the test carefully so that there are no complications while taking the test. There are no passing scores for the exam; rather the scores indicate the level of a course that can be chosen by the students. For instance, if a student scores high on a particular subject, he/she can take up entry-level courses in the college.
However, low scores will imply that a student requires more support. Hence, he/she will be placed in developmental courses for acquiring more knowledge on the subject that the/she wishes to pursue in the college. Therefore, it is necessary for a student to focus on the correct mode of preparation so that the desired target becomes easier to achieve. It is also important to acquire information on all the sections of the test. For this, the students are allowed to note the sample questions so that the preparation becomes more effective and leads to a successful career.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page