JJC COMPASS Test
Everything You Need to Know About JJC COMPASS Test
The JCC COMPASS
If you are thinking about getting admission in the Joliet Junior College, then it is important for you to know that whether you will get enrolment or not will depend on how well you perform in the JJC COMPASS Test. This is an examination that will assess the skills of the prospective students and determine whether they will be able to find success by pursing the course that they have in mind. This is a computerized examination where you will have to sit in front of a computer and take the exam. If you do not have knowledge about using the system, then you will not be able to take the test because the examination is not offered in the paper version. Like any other test, you will have to study for the exam beforehand because how well-prepared you are for the examination will determine how well you score.
All About JJC COMPASS Test
Given below are the points that you need to be aware of if you are taking the JJC COMPASS Test:
- Selection of Dates: To register for the exam, you will have to meet the counsellor or advisor of the college for they will give you details about the exam and also about the dates on which the exam can be taken. It is important for you to know that you will need to register for the exam beforehand and choose a date that will be convenient for you. Select a date in such a way that you will have enough time to study for the exam.
- Sections in the exam: There are three sections in the exam and these are: Maths, Reading and Writing. You will find around 12 to 15 questions in each of the sections. All the questions will be in the form of multiple-choice questions where you will find five answer options for each question. From the options displayed, you have to choose one that you believe is the correct answer.
- No time limit: The JJC COMPASS Test is not a timed exam. In other words, you can answer the questions at a pace that is convenient for you. Since there is no time limit, you do not have to worry about not being able to finish all the sections on time.
- Use of calculator: It is possible for you to bring your own calculator and use the same during the test but you need to ensure that it meets with the requirements of the ACT COMPASS. If you do not bring your own calculator, it is fine too because you can make use of the online calculator that will be provided to you in the examination room.
- Scoring: The scoring for each of the sections will be carried out separately and you will find that the score report will show the scores for each of the sections individually. There is no composite score that will be calculated for the various sections.
- Test result: Once you have completed the test, you can go to the proctor and obtain a copy of your score report immediately. Since the questions will be automatically corrected by the computer system, the report will be printed and given to you instantly after the JJC COMPASS Test.
- Assessment of skills: With the result of this exam, you will be able to find out whether you have the skills to pursue a course that you have in mind or not. If you do not have the required skills, then you can consider opting for a program that you have skills for. Furthermore, the college may not give you admission if you obtain a score that is low. The institution has cut-off scores for the college level courses that they are offering and if the score obtained by you is less, then you can be denied admission.
- With the help of the JJC COMPASS Test, you can also find out where your weaknesses lie and then you can take necessary actions to improve yourself.
- If you did not obtain a good score in the first attempt, you can consider taking the test again.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page