Time Limit for COMPASS
Significance of Time in COMPASS
The COMPASS Test
The COMPASS is a computerized exam where you will need to take the test in front of a computer. Those who do not know how to operate a computer will find it difficult to take the examination because it is not offered in the paper version. There are three test sections that you will be tested on and these areReading, Writing and Maths. Each of these sections will have around 12 to 15 questions and all the questions will be in the multiple-choice format. Each question will consist of five answer options from which you need to choose an answer that you believe is the right solution.
Now if you are thinking about taking this test, you may wonder how much time you have to finish the exam. The good news is that unlike the other exams that are available, the COMPASS examination does not have a time limit. You can take your time and answer the questions because there is no restriction on time. On the other hand, simply because there is no time limit given on the test, it does not automatically mean that you take several hours to finish the exam because taking so much time will lead to wastage of time.
Importance of Time in the COMPASS
Now that you know that there is no time limit, you can work on the questions properly. Every exam is important and the benefit of COMPASS is that you have enough time to work on the questions. Given below is the importance of time in this test:
- You will have ample time to work on each and every question. You will not have to see your watch every few minutes to see how much time is remaining.
- Some people get nervous at the time of the exam because they are unsure if they can answer all the questions within the given time limit. Since this examination is not timed, you can relax and not worry about not being able to complete the test.
Time & COMPASS
If you take hours at a stretch to work on the questions, even you will be tired because it is strenuous to the eyes as you will have to stare at the computer screen for a long time. Try to finish the questions as soon as you can without getting distracted unnecessarily. Given below are some of the points that you should always keep in mind if you want to find out more about the test:
- Each question will take around one to four minutes to complete on an average. Of course, it is also possible that you take more time for one question and less time for other questions. This will depend on how fast you are and how well you have prepared for the test.
- While there is no restriction on time, you should make sure that you do not drag the examination process for hours at a stretch. Generally, it takes about 15-90 minutes for a candidate to finish one section. You can take your time and work on the questions at a pace that is comfortable for you, but do not take too long too.
- Generally, a student will take around 2.5 hours to finish all the three sections. Many can finish in lesser time but it will depend on how fast you are.
You need to know that it is important you complete the COMPASS exam as soon as you can. After all, there is no reason for you to take more time than necessary to finish the test sections. Try to complete the three sections in as little time as possible because if you take a lot of time, you will be wasting not just your time but also the time of the proctor. Furthermore, you may not give a good impression to the proctor if you take so much time to take the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page