How to Take the COMPASS Test
Your Information Hub for COMPASS Test Taking
Do You Need to Take the COMPASS?
Are you seeking admission for a college-level program? If the educational institution has made the COMPASS test mandatory for potential students, then you will need to make sure that you score high in it so that you will have more chances of getting enrolled. One important thing you need to be aware of is that in order to get high scores in the examination, you need to know everything that you can find about it. This is the only way to ensure that you prepare yourself for the exam as efficiently as you possibly can. After all, the result of this examination will determine whether or not you will be enrolled for the college program that you have chosen. This is the reason why you need to know how to take the COMPASS test and obtain a high score so that you will be able to get into the college that you have in mind.
Important Information on the COMPASS Test
If you want to know how to take the COMPASS test, read the points given below for they will tell you everything you need to know about the exam and you will be able to study for the same effectively.
- Computerized exam: The COMPASS is an exam that is taken on a computer. Since it is an online test, you will need to have basic computer skills so that you can answer the questions properly.
- Untimed test: Another thing you should be aware of is that there is no time limit when it comes to this exam. You can take your own time and answer the questions at a speed that you feel is comfortable for you. You do not have to hurry. Just relax and concentrate on the questions.
- Sections: An important thing you need to be aware of if you want to know how to take the COMPASS test is that there are three sections in the test. You will need to concentrate on each of these sections carefully because they are equally important. Study for the test by referring to study guides.
- Questions: The COMPASS has multiple-choice questions, with five answer options for each question. You need to choose an option that you believe is the right answer. You will find around 12-15 questions in each of the sections.
- Scoring: The questions are automatically checked by the computer system and each of the test sections is scored separately. You will find three scores in the test report, as the score of each section will be shown separately. There will be no composite score.
- Test report: You will be able to obtain your result as soon as you finish the test. All you need to do is walk to the proctor and he will give you your result.
- Validity of the result: Most colleges will not accept COMPASS score reports that are older than two years. If your result is older than this, then you need to take the test again because the educational institution will not accept your old report.
- Test centers: The test is offered in the campus of the college that you wish to take admission in. In case you do not live in the city where the educational institution is located, you can consider remote testing.
- Cost: The cost of taking the COMPASS will vary from college to college but generally, it is $20.
- Dates: The college where you wish to get admission in will tell you the dates on which the test will be given. The dates will vary from institution to institution.
How to Take the COMPASS test?
If you are wondering how to take the COMPASS test, you need to first register for this exam by getting in touch with the counsellor or advisor of the college you wish to get admission in. He or she will tell you about the potential dates on which you can take the test. You can then choose a date that you feel will be best for you. Make sure that give yourself enough time to study when you are choosing the date for the examination. Try to choose a date that will give you as much time to prepare for the exam as possible. This way, you can study for the test efficiently and it will certainly affect your scores in the positive way.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page