How to prepare for COMPASS test
Official Sources for COMPASS Test Prep
The COMPASS test is an assessment examination that allows the students to prove their skills on those subjects that are tested, and provides them with an opportunity to continue their college education. The subjects that are tested in the COMPASS test include:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as a Second Language
There is no restriction of time for this test and a majority of colleges allow the students to complete the test in different portions. For instance, if a student is keen to take the test on Mathematics during a particular session, he/she can do it. However, the system of resuming the test differs from one college to another.
The Method of Studying for the COMPASS Test
For those students who want to know how to prepare for COMPASS test, there are certain norms of preparation that must be followed by them.
- One of the most important aspects of good preparation for the COMPASS test is to understand the sections of the test before choosing the prep material. Thereafter, the content of these materials should be examined properly for making the right choice.
- Those students who expect to score well in this exam often have a query about how to prepare for COMPASS test. While, there is no single and successful method of preparation that suits the requirement of each student, the choice will largely depend on individual skills and the ability to grasp the contents of the prep materials.
- Focusing on the strengths and weaknesses will help the students to understand how to prepare for COMPASS test. In other words, the students should learn to track their progress while following the prep materials that are available for this test.
- Those students who are plagued by the question how to prepare for COMPASS test should try to analyze the sample questions that are available for this test. This will allow them to have a fair idea about the questions that can be expected in this test.
- The prep materials or contents that are equipped with practice tests and mock tests should benefit every student preparing for the COMPASS.
- The online prep contents for COMPASS are good for those who want flexibility while preparing for the COMPASS test. Choosing this mode of test will leave the students with enough time to contemplate the sections of the COMPASS test besides knowing how to prepare for COMPASS test.
- Self study is also important for COMPASS test preparation.
The Official Sources of Preparation for COMPASS Test
The scores of this test are delivered immediately after the test and the students can discuss them with the advisor for choosing the appropriate courses in those colleges in which they want to study. While, there are numerous test prep agencies for COMPASS that operate privately, the official sources for COMPASS prep have been mentioned in the points below:
- In order to know how to prepare for COMPASS test, the students must log on to http://www.act.org/compass/sample/ for sample test questions on all the sections of the test. The students can use these questions for practice and monitor their preparation level.
- For Mathematics, the students may decide to download the pdf materials for Pre Algebra/Numerical Skills and Algebra test. For more information, they can log on to http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/numerical.pdf
- For the rest of sections of Mathematics Placement test, that includes College Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, practice material is offered by http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/geometry.pdf.
- For the test on Reading Skills, the test takers can log on to http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/reading.pdf.for a complete guide on the same.
- The official source of prep for Writing Skills is offered by http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/writing.pdf.
Besides the official sources of test prep that are mentioned above, the students can also use the test prep materials that are offered by the private agencies. However, the best way to learn how to prepare for COMPASS test is to compare and analyze the official and private mode of preparation. In fact, the students should try to combine the best of both the resources for a successful performance in the COMPASS test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page