How Many Questions are on the COMPASS Test
Length and Duration of COMPASS Test
What is COMPASS?
The COMPASS is an exam that is taken by students who are interested in pursuing a college level course. It can be registered and taken on the campus of the college that the student is planning to study in. For registration purpose, he can get in touch with the counsellor or advisor on campus. There are three sections in this test and these are as follows:
Each of these three sections consists of multiple choice questions. You will find that each of the questions has five answer options and from these options, you need to pick the one that you think is the right answer. Each section is scored separately. You will find individual scores for each of the sections because there is no composite score that will be calculated, unlike other tests.
Generally, this test is offered to the students as a part of the orientation program of the university or college after they have been admitted to the college. On the other hand, there are colleges which require the students to take the COMPASS test before they are enrolled for the program that they wish to pursue. If you will be taking the test, you need to know everything about the exam so that you can prepare for the same effectively. You need to know how many questions are on the COMPASS test and also the duration of the exam.
COMPASS Test Length & Duration
- It is important for you to know that the COMPASS is an untimed exam. In other words, you will not have a time limit for the exam. It is possible for you to work on the questions at a pace in which you feel convenient since there is no time limit. Some students get nervous because they worry that they may not be able to finish the exam on time, but you do not have to worry about it when you take this test.
- If you are wondering how many questions are on the COMPASS test, you should know that each of the sections will contain 12-15 questions. It is not necessary that just because one section has twelve questions, the other two sections will also have twelve questions. However, the number of questions will normally range from 12-15 for each section.
- Simply knowing how many questions are on the COMPASS test is not enough, you also need to know the duration of the test. You have to know that the time taken to finish the test will differ from person to person. On the other hand, it has been found that most test takers can complete the exam in about 2.5 hours. Some can take a little more time too.
Why is COMPASS Important?
Now that you have read about how many questions are on the COMPASS test, you must be wondering why this exam is important. These are the reasons why:
- Enrolment: The result of the COMPASS will be used to decide whether or not a candidate will be enrolled in a particular course. If you can obtain a high score, you will have a better chance of getting admission into the program of your preference.
- Assessment of skills: The exam will measure what skills you have so that you can decide whether or not you should stick to your decision of enrolling for a particular program. If you do not have the skills that are required to successfully complete the course; it will be pointless to pursue that course.
- Help to the college: The test result will also help the college in selecting candidates for the courses that they are offering. If you apply for a course but your COMPASS result shows that you do not possess the skills required, then the college may reject your application. This way, they can save the resources of the institution because choosing the wrong candidate can lead to wastage of the college resources.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page