How Long is the COMPASS Test
Time Management for COMPASS Test
The COMPASS is an examination that will assess whether or not an individual has the skills required to pursue a particular college level course. Before you take this test, it is important for you to find out as much information as you can about it so that you can be prepared for the same. You have to know about the sections, the questions and you also need to know about 'how long is the COMPASS test'.
First of all, you need to know that there are three sections in the exam and these are the Reading, Writing and the Maths sections. Each of this section will have around 12-15 questions. The questions will be in the form of multiple-choice questions, from where you will have to choose one answer from the five options that will be given to you. Since this is a test that you will have to take on a computer, it is important that you know how to operate the machine so that you can effectively work on the questions.
Duration of the COMPASS
To find the answers to your questions about 'how long is the COMPASS test', read the following:
- You need to know that there is no time limit for the exam. It means that you can work on the questions at a pace that you are comfortable in. You do not have to worry about not being able to complete the test because there is no restriction on time. Read the questions properly and understand what is being asked before selecting the answer. So you can relax and take your time.
- Generally, most students complete each of the sections in 15-90 minutes. Of course, the time taken by various test takers will differ. The answer to the question 'How long is the COMPASS test' will depend on how fast you can answer the questions in the test. Remember, there are three sections in the exam that you need to complete, so try to finish all the questions in each of the sections as quickly as you can. This way, you can proceed to the next section and finish the test faster.
Managing Your Time for COMPASS
Now that you have read about 'How long is the COMPASS test', you have to make sure that you manage your time effectively so that you can finish the test sections in as little time as possible. Yes, there is no time limit but you can still finish the exam as soon as you can by following the tips listed below:
- You have to study for the exam regularly. Until and unless you do, you will not be able to answer the questions in the test correctly. If you are not sure about the answer, you will take more time to complete the test because you will not know which answer option to choose.
- It is also a good idea to work on the practice tests regularly and time your test accordingly. This way you will be able to find out approximately how much time you take to finish each section. The more you practice, the faster you will be able to complete the test sections. When you are practising, make sure that you complete the questions without wasting time unnecessarily. This is not to say that you have to hurry with your answers because you should not end up making mistakes when you try to complete the test fast. Take your time to finish the questions and be sure about the answer. However, ensure that you are not wasting time unnecessarily.
- Some people may get distracted at the time of the exam by looking at other students or looking outside the testing room. This will only lead to the consumption of more time to complete the test. To rectify this, you should make sure that you train yourself so that you will not get distracted easily. When you are taking the test, simply concentrate on the questions given to you, and nothing else.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page