CVTC COMPASS Test
Everything You Need to Know About CVTC COMPASS Test
The CVTC COMPASS Test
If you have an intention to gain admission into one of the courses offered by the Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC), then you need to take the CVTC COMPASS examination. This is an assessment exam that will determine whether you have the relevant skills and the right skills to succeed in the course that you wish to undertake. If you do not have the skills, then you can consider pursing another course because it is useless undertaking a course that you know you will not be able to succeed in. The result of the CVTC COMPASS test will help the college decide whether or not you should be given admission. If the institution feels that you will not be able to complete the course with flying colors, they may reject your application. No college will give admission to students who they know will not be able to complete the course successfully. This is because it will only lead to the wastage of college resources.
The CVTC COMPASS test can be taken at various CVTC sites. If you wish to take this exam, you can get in touch with the institution via phone call or online for the purpose reserving a seat.
Things to Know About the CVTC COMPASS Test
- Before you register for the test, you need to decide which CVTC program you wish to pursue. The course that you wish to enrol in will determine which subjects you should be tested on. You can get in touch with a center for more information by referring to the phone numbers given below:
- Chippewa Falls Campus: 715-723-0261
- River Falls Campus: 715-425-3301
- Menomonie Campus: 715-232-2685
- Eau Claire Business Center Campus: 715-833-6200
- Neillsville Campus: 715-743-3965
- If you wish to take this assessment test, you will have to pay a fee of $20 for the same. In case you are thinking about taking a retest, you will need to pay $5 for each. Both these amounts are non-refundable and you need to make the payment before you take the exam.
- If you would like to find out about the dates of the exam, you will have to get in touch with the counsellor or the advisor of the Chippewa Valley Technical College. He or she will tell you about the potential dates and if you wish to register for the test, you can do it by talking to the counsellor. Make sure that you are choosing a date that will give you ample days to study for the test.
- On the day of the exam, it is important that you bring three documents: your photo identification, the receipt given to you after you paid the fee and your Social Security number.
- You will find that the CVTC COMPASS test is divided into four sections and these are Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Reading and Writing. All the questions in these sections will consist of multiple choice questions where you will find five options for each question. From the alternatives given, you will need to choose an answer that you feel is the right option.
- There is no time limit within which you are required to finish the questions. You do not have to hurry with your answers so that you can finish the questions on time. Since there is no restraint on time, you can work on the questions at a pace that is comfortable for you. Generally, most students take about 1.5-2 hours to complete all the test sections.
- The scores of the test will be available to you as soon as you complete the test. You can collect the same from the proctor in the examination room. You can find out about the score requirements for the various courses by clicking this link: http://www.cvtc.edu/admissions_registration/testing-center/compass/Documents/COMPASS%20Scores%20and%20Requirements.pdf.
- In case you are unable to obtain the minimum score required for the course you wish to pursue, you can consider taking the CVTC COMPASS test again.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page