Cuny Math COMPASS Exam
Everything you Need to Know about Cuny Math COMPASS
The Cuny Math COMPASS exam is administered for students in order to measure their skills and abilities in this subject. The following sections are included in the COMPASS Math exam of Cuny:
The Sections of Cuny COMPASS Exam for Mathematics
- Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra: In this section of Cuny Math COMPASS exam, the students have to answer questions and demonstrate their skills on fundamental mathematical concepts such as integers, fractions and decimals. Along with this, there are questions that are related to the basic Algebra course including absolute values, exponents and percentages. The test takers have to prove their knowledge on all these topics in the first category of Cuny Math exam for COMPASS.
- Algebra: In this category of Cuny Math COMPASS exam, the questions are based on simple to medium level algebra that includes equations, polynomials, algebraic expressions and formula manipulations.
- College Algebra: In the College Algebra section, the students are supposed to solve the questions that are based on functions, matrices, exponents and factorials.
- Trigonometry: In the Trigonometry section of Cuny Math COMPASS exam, the students have to answer questions on trigonometric functions and identities, trigonometric graphs and right triangle trigonometry.
The students can get placement in the basic or entry level courses of Cuny Math COMPASS exam according to the scores that they have obtained in Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra and Algebra. However, for advanced level mathematics courses in Cuny, the scores of College Algebra and Trigonometry are included. The score requirement of different colleges of Cuny varies and students should note them before taking the Cuny Math exam.
The Math Scores for Different Cuny Colleges
The score requirements of few colleges of Cuny are provided in the following points:
- The score requirement of Cuny Math COMPASS exam is 40 for Math 1 and 2 for Baruch, Brooklyn, City, Hunter, Lehman, Queens and York College (http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing/cuny-assessment-tests/faqs.html).
- Similarly, the score requirement for Cuny COMPASS math is 35 and 40 for Math 1 and 2 for College of Staten Island, John Jay, Medgar Evers, NYC College of Technology, Borough of Manhattan, Bronx, Hostos, Kingsborough, Laguardia and Queensborough (http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing/cuny-assessment-tests/faqs.html).
Cuny COMPASS Math Test: What should you Remember?
Those students who are unable to attain the required scores in SAT 1 or Regents Exam are supposed to take the Cuny Math COMPASS exam in order to demonstrate their skills and proficiency in order to be placed in their preferred courses in the Cuny colleges. However, the new students should take the Math COMPASS exam of Cuny for studying suitable courses in the Cuny colleges despite the skills that they might have in this subject. Only those students who have attained success in the Bachelor Degree programs or Higher Level accreditations are offered exemption from taking the exam of Cuny COMPASS. On the other hand, those students who have proved their skills of mathematics that are recommended by colleges as ESL candidates are also not required to take the assessment for Cuny.
Thus, Cuny Assessment Test in Mathematics is significant as it allows the students to prove their skills in this subject in order to pursue the basic level or advanced courses that are available in the Cuny colleges. In order to obtain the required scores that are specified by the Cuny colleges, the students must take assistance of the practice tests that are available in mathematics and also check the sample questions that are available in this subject.
The Cuny Math COMPASS exam offers an excellent opportunity to students for pursuing their favorite courses in mathematics although the score requirements differ from one college to another. Those students who are keen to take up basic or advanced level courses in mathematics should also consider appropriate methods of preparation for taking this test. This will enable them to obtain the required scores and move ahead with their career plans of studying in a Cuny college.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page