The COMPASS Test Schedule
COMPASS Testing Schedule
COMPASS is a computer based test that is administered for the students testing their skills and abilities in order to help them decide the suitable courses for pursuing their studies. The test is conducted by a majority of institutions for freshers who have either applied or already taken admission in school. However, for seeking admission in specific course programs, the students may have to take this test more than once. As far as COMPASS is concerned, the students are tested in the following areas:
The Subjects of COMPASS
- Reading: This is a multiple choice test that intends to measure the skills of reading that a student must have in order to obtain entry into the college career programs of their choice.
- Writing Skills: This is a placement test and follows a multiple choice pattern, as well. The objective of the test intends to rectify the mistakes related to punctuation, grammar usage, structure of sentences and punctuation in an essay.
- Mathematics: For Mathematics, there is a Diagnostic and Placement test that is conducted in various branches of Mathematics. All the questions in this section are of multiple-choice type.
- Essay writing (e write): This is a test that measures the ability of the students through an unseen passage on which the students have to present their observations and arguments.
- English as a Second Language or ESL: There are five different areas of this test and it measures the English skills of the non-native English speakers. The tests are related to Reading, Listening, Usage of Grammar and Essay.
Brief Overview of COMPASS
However, this testing is not a conventional way of assessing the skills of students as there are no passing scores in this test; rather each student is able to gauge his performance in each subject along with the strengths and weaknesses in the areas that are tested. In short, the basic purpose of COMPASS is to allow the students to obtain the best placement in an academic course in a college or gain direct entry for the purpose of career exploration. The basic feature of the test is that it is not administered within a specific time limit and each candidate is able to complete this test within an approximate time of two hours.
Those students who are prepared to take this test should complete the registration procedures after submission of the fees in the office of the cashier.
The Schedule of COMPASS Test
When it comes to the schedule, the students can decide to take this test as per their comfort and suitability. However, the schedule of this test is not similar for all colleges or institutions that administer COMPASS. In the following lines, the dates of COMPASS test that are to be held in a few institutions in the year 2013:
- For Del Mar College, the testing schedule for 2013 begins at 8 am on January 7 and 14, February 4 and 18 and on March 4 and 18. (http://www.delmar.edu/compass.aspx).
- In Jackson State Community College, the schedule for 2013 begins on January 2 at 8:30am and 11:00 am, on January 3 at 2 pm, on January 7 at 8:30 and 11:00 am, January 9 at 8:30 and 11:00 am, January 10 at 2 pm, January 14 at 8:30 and 11:00 am and January 16 at 8:30 and 11:00 am. (http://www.jscc.edu/admissions/assessment/compass-test-dates.html).
- For Fort Valley State University, the testing schedule for COMPASS to be held in January 2013 is on January 3 at 9:00 am and 1:00pm, January 4 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm, January 11 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm and January 18 at 9:00 am and 1:00 pm. (http://www.fvsu.edu/testing_services_center/compass_testing_dates).
Similarly, there are a whole lot of institutions in which the dates of COMPASS for 2013 have already been declared. The aspirants of this test should try to take a note of the dates or schedule of COMPASS in their area and register for the same. Finally, you must remember that while the schedule differs from one college to another, the candidates should be careful about selecting a date that will allow them to have sufficient preparation before taking the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page