COMPASS Testing Dates
5 Factors on which COMPASS Date Selection Depends
The COMPASS is a computer-adaptive test that is administered for those students who want to pursue their college education and allow the institution to help them in choosing appropriate courses for continuing their education. However, COMPASS is not a timed test and the students are able to focus on each section of the test without worrying about the consequences of time. In short, each applicant of COMPASS is allowed to choose the responses or the correct answers in as much time as he/she would require for completing the test. However, it has been observed that the approximate time taken by the test takers is around 3-4 hours.
COMPASS Test Sections
The COMPASS test includes the following sections:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as Second Language
Thus, the COMPASS test measures the knowledge of English along with the skills of reading and writing. The Math section includes different levels of Algebra along with Geometry and Trigonometry. While the essay writing is a prompt task, the test of ESL is primarily meant for non-native speakers of English.
As far as COMPASS testing dates are concerned, the students can take this test according to their convenience as the tests are held on several dates. Moreover, the COMPASS test is not held on the same days in all the colleges that consider this tool as a criterion for admission. For taking the test on a suitable date, the students must complete the registration procedures by depositing the fee in the office of the cashier.
The Five Factors for Choosing COMPASS Test Dates
While the official formalities for taking the test according to the COMPASS testing dates must be completed by the students, the prerequisites for choosing the COMPASS testing dates should also be kept in mind by the test takers. The following five factors for choosing the dates of COMPASS are listed below:
- The COMPASS aspirants should concentrate on their levels of preparation before choosing the COMPASS testing dates in those institutions that offer this exam.
- Besides choosing the dates of this test, the students must also take practice or mock exams regularly for monitoring their progress in the subjects that are tested in COMPASS.
- The students must gauge their competence before choosing the COMPASS testing dates as it will allow them to obtain the scores that are specified by the institutions for choosing the courses or the subjects in the relevant college.
- The test takers must keep in mind the testing center in which they intend to take the COMPASS exam and thereafter choose the COMPASS testing dates. This is important because they should have enough time in hand on the day of the test to reach the center at least an hour before the beginning of the test.
- For choosing the dates of COMPASS test, the students must familiarize themselves with the sections of the test, pattern of questions, duration and the purpose of taking this test. Moreover, there are a few institutions that offer the COMPASS test on the basis of scheduled appointments and the students must check with the website of the relevant college before choosing the dates of COMPASS.
The Test Dates of COMPASS for Institutions
The COMPASS test is considered by several colleges as a tool of assessment thereby enabling the students to choose their preferred courses as part of their college education. In the next few points, the dates of COMPASS 2013 for some of these institutions can be noted by the students:
- For Durham Technical Community College, the COMPASS test is to be held on all the days of the month except for Saturdays and Sundays. However, the timings and the content of the test should be noted from the college website http://www.durhamtech.edu/admissions/placementtesting.htm
- In Prairie State College, the COMPASS testing dates for the month of February are 4,5,11,12,18,19, 21 and 26 from 9 am to 2pm. For more information, the students should log on to http://prairiestate.edu/counselingAdvising/compasstest.html#datestimes
- For Del Mar College, the COMPASS test is to be held on February and March on 4 and 18 at 8 a.m. For more information about the testing, the students should log on to http://www.delmar.edu/compass.aspx
The COMPASS test is one of the most important assessment tests that allow the institutions to assist the students by allowing them to choose the courses that are based on English and Mathematics and obtaining good scores in this exam depends on the choice of COMPASS testing dates, to a large extent.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page