Where to Take the COMPASS
How Does Your Performance Depend On Your COMPASS Test Centers?
The COMPASS is an untimed, multiple-choice, computer adaptive college placement test. This test has five sections; namely, Math, Reading, Writing Skills, Writing Essay and English as a Second Language.
The COMPASS Test helps the educators understand the ability, skills and knowledge of the students in the above described subject areas. The scores of the test help the educators in advising the students on the courses that are best suited for them.
Though there is no "passing score", this test has to be taken very seriously because the scores in this test determine the courses you can opt for in college.
COMPASS Testing Centers
All the colleges in the U.S. offer the COMPASS test. Therefore, testing centers are available in all the states of the U.S. However, the fee structure and the schedule of the test vary from one center to another.
COMPASS Remote Testing
You can easily arrange for the COMPASS placement test using the COMPASS Internet National Remote Testing Network. Through this network, the test is administered in more than 550 testing centers, within and outside the country.
- Registering for the COMPASS Remote Testing
- You can call the institution you are interested in joining and give them your ZIP code. Using the ZIP code, the institution locates a COMPASS test site that is nearest to you. Next, you are registered to take the test from within the COMPASS Internet Version software.
- You will receive a confirmation email with the information on where and how to take the test.
- A proctor fee ranging between $20 and $45 has to be paid by you.
- Advantages of the COMPASS Remote Testing Network
- This testing network makes institutions more accessible to you even if you are in the other end of the country.
- The institution can make early interventions and advise you on how you can prepare yourself for the courses even before you arrive at the institution.
Testing Center and Your Scores
The scores achieved by you depend only on your skills, ability, knowledge and the test preparation. Therefore, the testing centers have no role in the scores you attain. However, a few conditions in the centers may have an effect on your COMPASS scores. These conditions are listed below:
- Proximity of the Testing center- If the center is closer to the place where you stay, then you can reach the center easily because travelling a long distance to reach the center will be tiring and you would not be able to concentrate fully while taking up the test. Therefore, it is always better to choose a testing center that is close to your home.
- Accessibility of the Testing center- In some cases, the testing location may not be far but reaching there may be very difficult. In such a case, it is better that you do not choose such locations since you may undergo a lot of stress trying to reach the testing location. Moreover, if you want to make sure that the accessibility of the center is good, you can try to go to that center yourself and then decide on it.
- Comfort Level- You must gather as much information about the test center as possible. Some centers may not be very comfortable for taking up a test. Hence, you have to make sure that you do not choose such centers. If you are planning on taking the test in another city, then book your room for stay. This will ensure that you get a good and comfortable night’s sleep before the test.
The above mentioned factors are very minor and may not affect your scores to a large extent. The factors that will determine your scores are the preparation and hard work you have done for the COMPASS test. Therefore, if you prepare sincerely, irrespective of the center you take up the test at, you will attain a high score.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page