Famous Study Guides for the COMPASS
The Top 5 Guides for COMPASS Math Test
What is COMPASS?
The COMPASS is an examination that is taken by students for the purpose of determining what skills they have so that they can find out which college course will be best for them. With the help of this test, you will be placed in a course that you are most suitable for and that you have the skills for. The test is a computerized exam and you will need to have knowledge about how to operate a computer if you wish to take the same. In the math section, you will find that there are five areas in which you will be tested and these are as following:
- College Algebra
All questions in the test are multiple choice questions and you will find that each one of them has five answer options. You need to think carefully and choose the option that you believe is the right answer. When you start the test, you will find questions from Algebra. It is important that you obtain a high score in this exam because then only will you be able to get placed in a course of your choice. If your score is not high, you may have to go for a retest. Thus, you should prepare well for the exam and refer to a good guide book for this purpose.
Leading Guides for COMPASS Math Test
To make sure that you have studied properly for the test, you need to make use of a good and helpful prep books with the help of which you can prepare for the exam in the best possible manner. Given below are the five top guides you will find in the market:
- My COMPASS Test (http://www.mycompasstest.com/): This is a free guide that you can access online. Here, you will find strategies and tips to help you obtain a high score in the test. Furthermore, you will also find that this website has practice tests for the candidates. The algebra and pre-algebra portions are the areas that the sample tests have covered. You will find the solutions to the questions included too. Make sure you take them so that you will have a good idea as to how well prepared you are for the exam.
- Compass Math Test Success by Academic Success Media (http://www.amazon.com/Compass-Math-Test-Success-Solutions/dp/1453634789): This is another guide that you are going to find useful. You will be able to practice on all the various types of questions that you will find in the math test and it covers all the test areas. This book was published in the year 2008 and students who have made used of it have found it to be useful as there are many practice materials included here.
- Bob Miller's Math Prep for the COMPASS Exam (http://www.amazon.com/COMPASS-Exam-Millers-Accuplacer-Preparation/dp/073861002X): If you are looking for a good study guide to help you study for the test, then this is one book that you can consider buying. You will find all the details in the book that a test taker should know before taking the test. There are two practice tests included here and they mirror the actual test questions of the COMPASS. You will also find tips and strategies that will help you during the test.
- COMPASS Exam Secrets Study Guide by COMPASS Exam Secrets Test Prep Team: (http://www.amazon.com/COMPASS-Exam-Secrets-Study-Guide/dp/1614030324/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1355987673&sr=1-4&keywords=compass+math+study+guide): With the help of this book, it will be possible for you to get a high score in the test. You will learn what the five secret solutions to scoring high in this exam are. The guide will teach you everything that you need to know about the test and you will be able to get a good idea about what to expect on the day of the exam. You will be able to learn how to read the questions effectively and give the right answer. This is a great guide that you should consider buying.
- Doug French's Verbal Review (http://www.amazon.com/COMPASS-Exam-Frenchs-Accuplacer-Preparation/dp/0738610038/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356072975&sr=1-5&keywords=compass+exam): If you are looking for a book that will help you with your English skills, then this is the one that you should buy. You will find two practice tests here that will help you find out how prepared you are for the exam and you will also find answers for the questions included.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page