Study Guides for the Reading Section of COMPASS
5 Points to Remember When You Select a COMPASS Reading Study Guide
The COMPASS Reading Section
If you are planning to take the COMPASS in the near future, you need to ensure that you obtain good scores in each of the three sections of the exam. The sections that you will find here are Reading, Writing and Maths. In this article, we are going to discuss the Reading section. You need to be aware that this is an exam that can be taken online only. You are not going to find any pen and paper version of the test. It is also an untimed exam and you will not find any time limit within which you are required to finish all the questions. Each and every question that you will find displayed on the computer screen will be in the form of multiple choice questions. To ensure that you obtain the highest possible score in the Reading section, it is essential that you are prepared for it effectively. You need to buy a good and reliable book so that you will be able to prepare for the exam in the best possible manner.
Five Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a COMPASS Reading Guide
There are many books in the market on the Reading section that you can easily find. So how will you know which book is the best one that can help you study effectively? You need to keep the following points in mind:
- Well-known publisher: When you are looking for a good book, ensure that you are buying one from a publisher that has a good reputation in the market. This way, you can ensure that you are buying a good book. A reputed publisher will not publish a guide that is not useful and helpful.
- Popular book: Another important point you need to keep in mind is that you should look for those books that have a good reputation in the market and are popular among the students. Always remember that if a particular book was not useful, an increasing number of candidates will not be buying the same.
- Ask the store-keeper: If you are unsure as to which book to buy, you can always ask the shop keeper to tell you the names of the books that are in the top selling list of the store. This way, you can check out these guides and then decide which one you should opt for.
- Budget: You can buy any book you want if you do not have a limited budget, but if you have a fixed amount of money that you have set aside to buy the guide, make sure that you do not look for expensive guides because your budget will not allow you to buy those books. Stick to the ones that are within your budget.
- Content of the guide: When you are looking for a study aid to help you with your test, make sure that the content of the book includes everything that is expected in the examination. If you buy a guide that does not cover all the topics of the test, then you will have to buy another guide again. You also need to make sure that there are sample tests included in the guide that you can work on.
Review of COMPASS Reading Guides
Given below are a few books that you can consider buying:
- College Placement Test Study Guide by Academic Success Media: You can consider buying the College Placement Test Study Guide if you are looking for a good guide. It will teach you how to answer the various questions that you will find in the Reading section. You will also find practice questions included.
- COMPASS Exam Secrets Study Guide by COMPASS Exam Secrets Test Prep Team: This book will teach you how to score high in all the three sections of the test, including the reading section. In this book, you will find sample questions and explanations to the answers in detail.
- COMPASS Reading Test Success by Academic Success Media: This is a good book you can buy that can effectively help you prepare for the test. You will find twenty practice tests included in this book that you can take to find out how well prepared you are for this exam.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page