COMPASS Test Prep Book
How to Judge a COMPASS Test Prep Book?
Though the COMPASS test does not have any pass and fail criteria, the test scores are important in deciding the best possible college course for each test taker. With a lot of test prep materials available these days, however, selecting the best COMPASS test prep for yourself can be a challenging task. Learn how to judge a COMPASS test prep here.
Preparing for the COMPASS Test
Many opine that with a clear understanding of the purpose, structure, and pattern of the COMPASS test, additional resources and classes may not be necessary for COMPASS test preparation. However, as in the case of any other test, a little effort and focus will only help you do better in the test. For example, depending on the course area you are interested in taking up, you may focus on improving your writing or Algebra skills.
In addition, you will need to understand about the various test aspects such as test sections, types of questions, duration, etc. in detail. At the same time, learning about the specific test and score requirements of the particular university or college you are applying to is also critical, as each individual institute has its own customized test packages and minimum score requirements for placement.
You can find more information about the COMPASS test at: http://www.act.org/products/higher-education-act-compass/. For specific preparation requirements, a lot of COMPASS test prep titles are available in the market. You may choose the ones that best fit your needs.
Choosing the Best COMPASS Test Prep Book
It is not surprising that with a lot of materials available for test preparation; you may find it difficult to choose the best one. Learn some important factors here that can help you judge a COMPASS test prep:
- Choose the area on which you need to focus: A COMPASS test prep that you choose should help you in your test preparation. Each test taker may have different and specific needs for COMPASS preparation. For example, one might need to focus on Math areas, while another might be interested in writing courses. Still within Math, someone might need focus on Algebra, while someone else might be good at Algebra and would need help in Trigonometry.
- Select the kind of help you need: Also, depending on your needs, the types of titles should be selected. That is, whether you need help with only specific areas of testing or need comprehensive test help, you should choose a COMPASS test prep accordingly. Some titles like COMPASS Exam - Bob Miller's Math Prep focus on Math areas but, also provide comprehensive test help for COMPASS. However, if you are not interested in Math courses at all, then, the book may not be of much use to you.
- Take pre-tests and practice tests: Pre-tests and practice tests are essential parts of COMPASS test preparation. If you are getting only one title for your COMPASS preparation, ensure that it includes pre-tests and practice tests.
- Ensure authenticity and accuracy: Authenticity of the materials, accuracy of information provided, the author's expertise and experience, and the publisher's credibility are also important factors while choosing a COMPASS test prep for yourself.
- Choose resources that best fit your budget: Availability of the title and price are the other important factors you should look at while selecting a prep book. Note that you may find free and downloadable books as well. You can also lend books from friends and family, and as well from libraries. Hence, the price of the prep book is a factor, especially if you have budget constraints.
COMPASS Test Prep Book Reviews
Listed here are some of the popular COMPASS test prep titles available today:
- COMPASS Exam - Bob Miller's Math Prep (http://www.amazon.com/COMPASS-Exam-Millers-Accuplacer-Preparation/dp/073861002X) is an important study guide for COMPASS Math preparation. This is a comprehensive study guide with extensive coverage of different Math areas, practice tests, examples, and drills with answer keys. Special tips and strategies from the author, who is also an experienced Math teacher, could be called the USP of this guide.
- COMPASS Exam Practice Questions (First Set): Practice Test & Review for the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System published by Mometrix Media is a popular book for COMPASS test preparation. As the name suggests, this is a title that focuses more on the practice aspect. Detailed and in-depth answers are provided for each practice question. You can find more information about this COMPASS test prep online at: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/compass-exam-practice-questions-compass-exam-secrets-test-prep-team/1101064437.
- COMPASS Exam Success: The Easy Breezy Guide to Help COMPASS Test Takers is yet another comprehensive title for COMPASS test preparation. This is considered an insider guide to the exam and is presented in an easy-to-use and easy-to-understand way. This COMPASS test prep includes general strategies and overview information for the test, and specific sections for each of the subject areas tested like Math, Reading, and Writing. More information about this competitively priced book is available at: http://www.amazon.com/COMPASS-Exam-Success-Breezy-ebook/dp/B004WKPFJ0/ref=pd_sim_kstore_2.
You may find some of these titles beneficial for your COMPASS preparation, based on your needs. You can also find more such resources from local bookstores, public libraries, and online. However, when you select a COMPASS test prep, ensure you are selecting something that suits your pocket as well as your requirements.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page