COMPASS Test Locations
5 Things to Keep in Mind before Selecting COMPASS Testing Locations
The COMPASS is a test that prepares students to face the challenges of pursuing their college studies in their preferred subjects. However, it is different than the norms of the conventional system of testing because it does not follow the restrictions of time and there is no concept of pass/fail in COMPASS. The higher the scores of an applicant in the subjects that are tested, the greater the chances of studying the intermediate or higher level of courses on those subjects in the college.
As far as the COMPASS test is concerned, the assessment of test takers is based on the following areas:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as a Second Language or ESL
Overview of COMPASS Test Centers
When it comes to COMPASS test locations, the students may choose to locate the test centers in US or international locations with the help of COMPASS Internet National Remote Testing Network. With this network, it is possible to have a faster arrangement of the Placement and Diagnostic tests of COMPASS. As a matter of fact, it is possible to locate more than 550 approved COMPASS test locations across the country.
The international test centers for COMPASS are located in Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden and Vietnam.
The Concept of Remote Testing
For those students residing in distant locations, the following procedures are to be followed for choosing COMPASS test locations:
- When a student calls an institution for remote testing, the zip code of the place of residence of that student should be noted in order to find out the nearest test center. Thereafter, the student registration process is completed with the help of the internet version software of COMPASS.
- After the completion of the registration, the student receives a confirmation message through an email consisting of COMPASS test locations and the procedure of taking the COMPASS test.
- As far as the fees for COMPASS remote test is concerned, a student must pay the proctor fees, which is usually $20-$45. However, the units that are consumed for COMPASS are paid by the institution.
- For using remote testing network, a student is not required to pay any fees separately.
Things to Remember before Selecting COMPASS Testing Locations
- While choosing COMPASS test locations, a student must find out the procedures of selection for testing in US and other international locations.
- The COMPASS test locations must be chosen according to the convenience of the place of residence so that a student has to bear less trouble while travelling to the test center.
- There is a specific rule for each test location of COMPASS regarding the arrival of the test takers. Therefore, the location of the test center should be such that the student is able to reach the venue within the specified time of the institution where the test is being taken.
- The students should note the time and date of test location that they intend to select as certain institutions may not conduct the COMPASS test on specific days.
- If a student is unable to take the test in the normal time and date in a test location, testing in a different schedule is based on appointment only and keep this information in mind.
Taking the COMPASS test is the most viable solution for the students to assess their strengths and weaknesses for choosing appropriate courses for pursuing their college studies. However, choosing COMPASS test locations is one of the most important aspects of taking this test besides the preparation that should be diligently followed by the students in order to attain the best results. As a matter of fact, choosing a proper test location is one of the major decisions that should be taken carefully in order to reach the test center within time and take the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page