Locations in Which the COMPASS Can be Taken
5 Things to Keep in Mind before Selecting COMPASS Testing Locations
The COMPASS is a test that prepares students to face the challenges of pursuing their college studies in their preferred subjects. However, it is different than the norms of the conventional system of testing because it does not follow the restrictions of time and there is no concept of pass/fail in the test. The higher the scores of an applicant in the subjects that are tested, the greater the chances of studying the intermediate or higher level of courses on those subjects in the college.
The assessment of test takers is based on the following areas:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as a Second Language or ESL
Overview of COMPASS Test Centers
When it comes to test locations, the students may choose to locate the test centers in US or international locations with the help of the Internet National Remote Testing Network. With this network, it is possible to have a faster arrangement of the Placement and Diagnostic tests. As a matter of fact, it is possible to locate more than 550 approved locations across the country.
The international test centers for the exam are located in Canada, China, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sweden and Vietnam.
The Concept of Remote Testing
For those students residing in distant locations, the following procedures are to be followed for choosing test centers:
- When a student calls an institution for remote testing, the zip code of the place of residence of that student should be noted in order to find out the nearest test center. Thereafter, the student registration process is completed with the help of the internet version software.
- After the completion of the registration, the student receives a confirmation message through an email consisting of test centers and the procedure of taking the test.
- As far as the fees for the remote test are concerned, a student must pay the proctor fee, which is usually $20-$45. However, the units that are consumed for the test are paid by the institution.
- For using remote testing network, a student is not required to pay any fees separately.
Things to Remember before Selecting COMPASS Testing Locations
- While choosing a test location, a student must find out the procedures of selection for testing in US and other international locations.
- The center for testing must be chosen according to the convenience of the place of residence so that a student has to bear less trouble while travelling to the test center.
- There is a specific rule for each test location regarding the arrival time of the test takers. Therefore, the location of the test center should be such that the student is able to reach the venue within the specified time of the institution where the test is being taken.
- Students should note the time and date of test location that they intend to select as certain institutions may not conduct the test on specific days.
- If a student is unable to take the test in the normal time and date in a test location, testing in a different schedule is based on appointment only and keep this information in mind.
Taking the test is the most viable solution for the students to assess their strengths and weaknesses for choosing appropriate courses for pursuing their college studies. However, choosing the appropriate test center is one of the most important aspects of taking this test besides the preparation that should be diligently followed by the students in order to attain the best results. As a matter of fact, choosing a proper test location is one of the major decisions that should be taken carefully in order to reach the test center within time and take the test.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page