COMPASS Test Information
Reliable Sources of COMPASS Test Information
What is COMPASS?
If you are planning to take admission to a particular course in a college and this institution has made the COMPASS exam mandatory for all the potential students, you may have questions about what this examination is. The first thing you need to know, if you are looking for COMPASS test information, is that it is an exam that is taken by students solely to determine whether or not they have the skills that are relevant to and required to succeed in the college-level program that they wish to pursue. One thing you need to be aware of is that simply because you wish to study a particular course, does not automatically mean that you have the skills to successfully complete that program. This examination will assess whether you are fit for a particular course that you have in mind or not. If you are able to obtain high scores in the test, you will be enrolled for this particular course but if you have obtained low scores, you may be denied admission.
Dependable Sources for COMPASS Information
To get the information on this exam that is true and reliable, you can refer to the options given below:
- The official website of COMPASS (http://www.act.org/compass/student/index.html) :This is the official website of the ACT’s COMPASS. As such, the information that you will find here is authentic and not erroneous. You will be able to find out about all three sections that will be tested in the exam, along with tips that will help you get good scores. If you are looking for sample test questions, you will be able to find the same when you refer to this website.
- Popular guide books: Another source from where you can obtain reliable COMPASS test information is by referring to the popular guide books that have been dedicated to this examination. These books have been written by experts who know this exam well and they have published the books to help the potential students understand the test properly. You will be able to find out the names of well-known guide books by researching online or you can ask the local book shop to recommend some good COMPASS books to you.
- Websites of colleges: If the college that you wish to enrol in have made the COMPASS mandatory, you can find out more information about this examination by checking out their website. Most colleges have made available the COMPASS test information on their sites, so this is one option that you can consider. In fact, you will be able to get clear information as well as instructions on how you can go about registering for this test.
Things to Know About COMPASS
- The COMPASS is a computerized exam and you will have to sit in front of the computer and take the exam.
- There is no time limit within which you are expected to complete all the questions.
- There are three sections that you will be tested on and these are Reading, Writing and Maths. All the questions will be in the form of multiple-choice questions, with each question having five answer options. You need to pick the right answer from the alternatives given.
- You can bring your own calculator for the Maths section but make sure that it meets the guidelines of the COMPASS. More information about this can be obtained by referring to the official website of the examination.
- Another point you need to note if you are looking for COMPASS test information is that each of the section will be scored individually and these scores will be shown in the test score report separately. There will be no composite score that will be calculated. As such, you need to ensure that you obtain high scores in all the sections.
- The examination does not have a passing score. In other words, you can neither pass nor fail the test. However, you will find that the college that you wish to enrol in will have a cut-off score and you need to make sure that the score you obtain is equal to or higher than this score.
- You can obtain the score report instantly after you have taken the test by going to the proctor.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page