COMPASS Test Hawaii
Everything you Need to Know about COMPASS Test Options in Hawaii
The COMPASS is a computer adaptive test that is administered for the students of Hawaii for measuring their skills and aptitude for pursuing their college education. The features of the COMPASS test Hawaii is summed up in the points mentioned below:
The Features of COMPASS Test
- The COMPASS test Hawaii is different from the traditional system of testing as it allows the students to complete the exam without any restriction of time. Thus, the test takers are able to concentrate on each section of the test for choosing the correct options.
- The COMPASS is necessarily a test of assessment that allows the students to choose suitable courses based on the scores that are obtained in this test.
- There is no option of pass/fail in COMPASS test Hawaii and the scores are a measure of the skills of the test takers.
- Although, there is no restriction of time for this test, the students generally take about 3-4 hours for completing the full exam. However, COMPASS test Hawaii also allow the students to take the test of each subject separately with prior intimation to the authorities. In short, they can take the test of Mathematics on one day and return back to test for Reading Skills on the next day.
- The scores of the COMPASS test in Hawaii are delivered immediately after the exam, thereby enabling the students to discuss with the advisors of the colleges for choosing the appropriate courses.
- The COMPASS test in Hawaii can be taken in any of the community colleges affiliated to the University of Hawaii.
The Sections of COMPASS Test in Hawaii
The COMPASS test Hawaii is offered in the following subjects:
- Reading Skills: There are five comprehension passages in this section for studying the basic courses in the college. The questions are based on Practical Reading, Prose Fiction, Social Sciences, Humanities and Natural Sciences.
- Writing Skills: The students must identify the errors in this section of writing and there are two broad categories in this section on which the questions are based including Mechanics/Usage and Rhetorical Skills.
- Mathematics: The Mathematics Placement test evaluates the Basic, Application and Analysis Skills of the students and the questions are based on Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra, Algebra, College Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
- Essay Writing: In this section, a writing task is presented to the students on which they are supposed to formulate their opinions and substantiate them with apt arguments.
- English as a Second Language: The questions of this section are based on Listening, Reading and Grammar/Usage.
Overview of COMPASS Test in Hawaii
The COMPASS test in Hawaii determines the skill level of the students taking this test. Therefore, the students need to have adequate preparation for the same with the help of the prep courses and classes that are available online and also through books. The benefit of registering for the online classes is that it helps the students to understand the pattern of the test. At the same time, the questions that are to be expected through the practice tests and the mock tests that are included in a majority of online prep materials.
On the other hand, the students of COMPASS test Hawaii must also check the sample questions of COMPASS in order to know the multiple-choice questions that are asked in this test. The COMPASS aspirants should also weigh their progress in an appropriate manner so that they are able to focus on those areas of the test that require more attention.
The Mathematics section of the COMPASS test is particularly tricky with an array of sections and the students need to brush up their skills and take a number of practice tests before obtaining the level of confidence that is required for taking COMPASS test Hawaii. However, the test takers must have adequate knowledge of all the sections of COMPASS Hawaii.
Conclusively, it must be said that the COMPASS test Hawaii is one of the best ways of assessing the skills of the students and creates opportunities for them for continuing their college studies.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page