Details Regarding the Scoring of COMPASS
Why is it Important to Score High in COMPASS?
If you are planning to join a college or university, then you may be asked to take an examination called COMPASS. This is basically an assessment test that will measure whether or not you have the skills to successfully complete a college-level program that you are interested in. One thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to possess certain skills in order to join a college. These skills, apart from the basic knowledge of the subject that you wish to pursue, consist of the skill for critical thinking, analytical skill, logical reasoning and interpretation skill. There is no passing score in this examination but you will need to meet the minimum score requirement of the college that you wish to study in. The higher you score, the better it will be for you. You also need to get a good idea about the scoring scheme in the test so that it will help you understand better.
Importance of Obtaining High Score in COMPASS
There are many reasons why a high score in the test is beneficial. Given below are some of the reasons why you should get a high score:
- The score report will be used by the college to determine whether or not you have the skills that are required to pursue a course that you have in mind. If you have the required skills, you will be granted admission in the college but if you do not possess the skills that are necessary, then you can consider opting for another course that you will have a better chance of succeeding.
- The result of diagnostic scores will help you find out which areas you are strong in and which areas you are weak in. As a result, you will be able to concentrate on your weaknesses.
- The result of this examination will also help the college decide whether or not they should accept certain students. If they give admission to students who will not be able to succeed in the program that they have chosen, then this will only lead to the waste of college resources. As such, educational institutions will refer to the result of this exam and make their decisions accordingly.
Things to Know about COMPASS Scores/ Report
There are certain things you need to be aware of the result of this examination so that you can get a clear idea about the significance of scoring well in the test.
- You will be able to receive the score report instantly, after you complete taking the examination. Since it is a computerized test, the scoring will be carried out by the system automatically and you will be able to get the result as soon as you take the exam.
- All the test sections are scored individually. You will not find a composite score in the result.
- In the report, you will find a section where the college will recommend which courses would be better for you to pursue (after taking into account the skills that you possess).
- An important point you should always keep in mind about the scores is that the cut-off score of almost all colleges is high. While you cannot pass or fail the test, you will still need to make sure that you know what the cut-off score is and then take necessary actions to get this score. For instance, in the Mathematics section, you will find that most colleges prefer to accept students who have obtained more than 70%. Thus, if you are planning to get enrolled in a maths course, you will need to score higher than this,
Keep in Mind...
The only way you can get a high score in the test is if you are willing to spend time preparing for this examination. With so many study materials available, you will be able to study for the test in the most effective manner by the help of these options. Just choose a study material that you believe would benefit you the most.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page