COMPASS Review Test
What You Can Do Wrong While Studying from a COMPASS Math Review
The COMPASS is a test of assessment that prepares the students for continuing their college education. By taking this test, the students are able to get the benefit of choosing the courses that they wish to study in college. COMPASS review test offers the best opportunity to the students while preparing for this test because they are able to get an idea about the real test day conditions and take the actual COMPASS exam with confidence for obtaining good scores.
The COMPASS Placement test of Math intends to assess three major skills of the students that are summed in the points below:
- Basic Skills: For the questions on Basic Skills, the students are required to find solutions to a series of problems involving basic mathematical operations.
- Application Skills: In this, the basic skills are applied for solving complex mathematical tasks.
- Analysis Skills: The students have to prove their skills of analyzing through the conceptual knowledge of the principles and relationships in mathematical tasks.
The questions in this section are based on Pre Algebra/Numerical Skills, College Algebra, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry.
Review of COMNPASS Math Study Guides
The preparation for COMPASS Math accounts for good scores in this test. However, the reference materials that are used for preparation also count a lot for the success of COMPASS test. In the next few points, the COMPASS aspirants will know about the study guides for math that they should consider for preparation:
- A free study guide for COMPASS Math that includes COMPASS review test on this subject and useful for enhancing the scores can be accessed from http://www.mycompasstest.com/
- The official sample questions for COMPASS review test on mathematics are available in http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/numerical.pdf for Numerical Skills/Pre Algebra and College Algebra and http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/geometry.pdf for Geometry and Trigonometry. This is one of the most significant resources for COMPASS review test in mathematics.
- COMPASS Math Test Success: This book comes from the house of Academic Success Media and offers mathematical illustrations along with problems and solutions of mathematics.
- Those students who are looking for a combination of COMPASS review test on mathematics and a study guide based on this subject, should log on to http://www.davenport.edu/Portals/0/LibraryInfoCommons/DAVENPORTAL/Testing/tests/compass-math-sample.pdf
What are the Probable Mistakes Made While Studying from COMPASS Math Review?
While a COMPASS review test is preferred as a study material by a majority of COMPASS aspirants, there are a few mistakes that should be avoided at all costs by all those students who are preparing for the COMPASS test. What are these mistakes that each student should know and understand before taking the final examination? The following points will demonstrate a few of these mistakes.
- Studying from a COMPASS review test guide on mathematics containing outdated materials is a mistake that should be avoided.
- The students often make mistakes while choosing a COMPASS Math review because the requirement of each student differs when it comes to mathematics. Thus, a student should insist on a COMPASS review test guide on mathematics that would help him/her to strengthen the skills on this subject.
- The tendency to look at the answer explanations before attempting the practice questions is another mistake because it does a little harm to the natural abilities and the skills of the students.
- The habit of depending on a COMPASS review test guide blindly is not a good idea. As a matter of fact, self study is still the best way to accomplish the preparation for the COMPASS test because it instills confidence in the test takers and allow them to monitor their progress as far as COMPASS test prep is concerned.
- The COMPASS aspirants often fail to decide the type of review materials that would suit their requirements. For instance, there are students who would find books on COMPASS Math more useful while others might prefer only practice questions.
- Each student should explore the review materials much like the other reference materials that are available for COMPASS before considering them for COMPASS test prep.
The COMPASS aspirants must focus on their choice of review materials as much as they intend to use them for COMPASS test prep. As a matter of fact, choosing improper materials for preparation will lead to wastage of time and money; on the other hand, studying from appropriate reference materials can lead to a significant increase in the COMPASS test scores.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page