Study Guides for the Reading Test of COMPASS
How to Select a COMPASS Reading Test Study Guide
Reading Section of COMPASS
The COMPASS has three sections and they are Reading, Writing and Maths. If you want to get a good score in the Reading section so that you will be given admission in a college level course of your preference, then you have to ensure that you are prepared for the exam in the best possible manner. The questions that you will encounter in this section will consist of multiple choice questions. There will be five answer options for each question from which you will need to select one that you feel is the right answer. You will find that the reading passages will be based on the following:
- Natural Sciences
- Practical Reading
- Social Sciences
- Prose Fiction
Remember that it is a computerized test where you will have to take the exam in front of a computer. There is no time limit so you do not have to worry about taking the test and not being able to complete the same within the given time limit. You can take your time and finish all the questions. In order to ensure that you are well prepared for the test, you need to buy a good and useful study guide for the Reading section.
Choosing a Guide for COMPASS Reading
If you would like to score well in the reading section, you need to ensure that you are using a good study guide that provides tips on the Reading section. How do you select a good guide?
- Buy only popular books: It is important for you to know that the books that are popular are often the books that are useful for the students. They will not be well-known among the test takers if they were not helpful for them. You can always visit a book store and ask the shopkeeper to recommend books for the Reading section based on the ones that are sold the most.
- Carry out research: Another thing you need to keep in mind is that you will have to take out some time to find out which books are good by searching for the names of the guides online. The students review the books on various websites so that others can find it to be useful. You can refer to such sites for your research. The Internet is a great place to find a study guide you should consider buying.
- Ask: If you know people who have taken the test, you can always ask them for references so that you can get a good idea about which books you can consider buying to help you prepare for the examination.
- Choose wisely: It is important for you to know that just because a particular book was found to be useful by someone may not necessarily be of great help to you. You need to know what your weaknesses and strong points are and then buy a book accordingly.
Reviews of COMPASS Reading Guide
Given below are the names of some of the good guide books that you can consider buying to help you prepare for the Reading section of the exam:
- COMPASS Reading Test Success by Academic Success Media: This is a good book you can buy if you are looking for a study aid that can effectively help you prepare for the test. You will find twenty practice tests included in this book that you can take to find out how well prepared you are for this exam. You should get this book if you are not very sure about the Reading section and you would like to obtain a high score in this section.
- COMPASS Exam Secrets Study Guide by COMPASS Exam Secrets Test Prep Team: This is a book that you can buy if you want to prepare yourself effectively for the test. It will teach you how to score high in all the three sections of the test, including the reading section. With this book, you will be able to improve your scores and this will automatically help you get admission in the college program of your preference.
- College Placement Test Study Guide by Academic Success Media: This is another book you can consider buying if you are looking for a helpful resource for the Reading section. It will help you in not just the Reading section but also other sections as well. Many students have claimed this to be a very useful book so you can buy it and use it to prepare for the test.
- Academic purposes
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page