Advantages of a Pretest for COMPASS
5 Reasons Why You Should Take the COMPASS Pretest
What is COMPASS?
The COMPASS is an examination that is taken by a student solely to determine whether he will be eligible for a particular college level course or not. Since this exam will determine whether you have the skills to succeed in a particular course or not, you will be able to prevent the wastage of your time to pursue a course if it is not right for you. Furthermore, with this examination you will also be able to find out where your weaknesses lie and accordingly you can improve. You will need to know how to operate a computer because it is a computerized examination. There is no paper test and if you do not know how to use a computer, you will not be able to take the test. There are three sections in the test and these are Reading, Writing and Maths. To ensure that you obtain high scores in each of these sections, it is important for you to consider taking the pretest as it can help you prepare for the exam effectively.
Why Should You Take the COMPASS Pretest?
So you have heard from many candidates that taking the practice test is important but you do not know what is it? It is actually a practice exam that you can take online or from one of the popular guide books. It can help you in many ways and this is the reason why you will find almost all the test takers taking this exam. To know about its importance, read the points below:
- To familiarize yourself with the format: The pretest or the practice test will be framed in a way that is similar to the format of the actual test. When you take the sample test, you will be able to get a clear idea about how the question will be asked. As such, you will not have to worry about what to expect on the final day of the test.
- Working on similar questions: The questions that you will find on the practice exam will be similar to those that are found in the actual examination. As such, you will be able to find out what kind of questions will be asked and you can then prepare for the test accordingly.
- Practice: There is no denying that practice is important if you wish to score high in the exam. The only way you can ensure that you are taking the test effectively is when you practice solving the questions on a regular basis.
- Time: The more you practice, the better you will be in managing your time effectively. Even though it is not a timed exam, you still have to ensure that you are not taking the test for a very long period of time. It is always better to complete the test as fast as you can, without wasting any time.
- How prepared you are: If you work on the sample tests on a regular basis, you will be able to find out how well- prepared you are for the exam. Since you will be able to have access to the answers in the practice exam, you can refer to the answers and find out how well you have performed so that you can gauge the amount of effort you need to put in to score better.
Where to Take COMPASS Pretest?
If you will be taking the test soon, you need to start preparing for the same effectively. You can start by taking the practice tests that you can find from the sources below:
- Websites: There are many practice tests that can be taken online. Many websites offer free sample tests to the candidates and you can sit and take this test whenever you want. The website will calculate your score automatically once you complete the test.
- Books: If you buy a good and popular guide book, you will find practice tests included in the same along with their answers. You can then refer to the answers to find out how well you have performed.