Details About The COMPASS Mathematics Test
Question Types in COMPASS Math Test
The COMPASS Math Section
If you are planning to take the COMPASS, you may want to know everything about the Math section. This is one subject that many people are unsure about because they are not good in Mathematics. On the other hand, if you know the test format well and you know what to expect in the test, then you will not have a tough time during the examination. This part of the test is a computerized test where you will be required to sit in front of the computer and take the exam. Needless to say, you need to have basic computer knowledge for the same. There is no time limit in the test and you can take your time and answer the questions at a pace that you feel is convenient for you. Keep in mind that there are three sections in the exam and these are Reading, Writing and Maths.
COMPASS Maths Question Types
Given below are some of the essential points that you need to know about the Math section:
- Number of questions: Are you wondering how many questions will be asked in the Math section? In such a case, you need to know that you will find about 12 to 15 questions.
- Multiple-choice questions: All the questions in the test will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. You will find five answer options for each question and out of these alternatives; you need to select an answer that you believe is the right answer. Even if you are not sure about the right solution, you can randomly pick an answer option because there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
More on COMPASS Maths
- You will be allowed to make use of a calculator in the exam. Of course, it is essential that the one you use complies with the standards of this examination. More information on this can be obtained by checking the official website: http://www.act.org/compass/student/calculator.html. You can bring your own calculator or you can use the online calculator that will be provided to you.
- There are five topics or subject areas that will be tested in the Math section and these are Trigonometry, Pre-Algebra, Geometry, Algebra and College Algebra. You have to make sure that you practice the problems in these topics well so that you will be able to get a good score in the test.
- There is no passing score in this subject. This means that you can not pass or fail the test. The score that you obtain will be assessed by the college that you wish to gain admission in and if it meets the cut-off score of the college, then you may be enrolled but if it is below the cut-off score, then you can be denied admission.
- The test is not timed but generally, candidates take around 15 to 90 minutes to complete all the questions in this part of the test. How fast you can complete the test will depend on how prepared you are for the exam and how fast you are in answering the questions.
- If you wish to obtain a high score in the test, make sure that you practice the math problems on a regular basis. If you have doubts about certain subject areas, you can consider taking professional help. There are many books or guides that you can refer to help you prepare for the test.
- The score of the Math section will be available in the score report as a separate score. You will not find a composite score in the test.
- The score report can be obtained as soon as you complete the test since it is a computerized exam. The system will calculate your score automatically, which you can obtain once you are through with the exam. You will need to go to the proctor and ask him for the result.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page