COMPASS Math Test Study Guide
7 Features of a Good COMPASS Math Test Study Guide
The COMPASS test is very popular among those students who are seeking admission in college and want to be placed in suitable courses. However, in order to take admission in their preferred courses, it is necessary to attain the required scores in the subjects that are tested in this examination. COMPASS is a computer-based test, which is similar to an assessment and considered as a prerequisite for obtaining a specific level of a course that is desired by a student. The following sections are included in COMPASS:
The Sections of COMPASS Test
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as a Second Language or ESL
The section on Mathematics covers a large number of questions and divided into two major categories, including:
- Mathematics Diagnostic Test: The questions in this section include different areas of Algebra and Pre Algebra.
- Mathematics Placement Test : This test intends to measure the following skills of test takers:
- Basic Skills
- Analysis Skills
- Application Skills
The questions of this test revolve around Pre Algebra, Algebra, College Algebra, Trigonometry and Geometry.
Seven Aspects of a Good Course on COMPASS Mathematics
Traditionally, mathematics is one of those subjects that lead to a nerve-wracking experience for a majority of test takers. However, with constant practice and consultation of a COMPASS Math Test study guide, a test taker will be able to find solutions to the problems of mathematics more easily than others. On the other hand, a COMPASS Math Test study guide should be chosen carefully. The following 7 features demonstrate the quality of a good study guide on Mathematics for COMPASS testing:
- The score of Mathematics are significant in COMPASS as they allow the students to select the desired level of courses for college studies. Therefore, a study guide on mathematics should be comprehensive and should include guidance about all the sections and questions of mathematics.
- By selecting an appropriate COMPASS Math Test study guide, the students should not only get an opportunity to access good and useful materials and practice questions of this test, but should be able to master the strategies and tricks for tackling different sub-areas of Mathematics.
- There is no alternative of good preparation in COMPASS Math than constant practice. In fact, practicing and working on different types of questions on the major sub-areas of mathematics is extremely important. Therefore, a good study guide should focus on practice tests after each chapter.
- A COMPASS Math Test study guide can be termed competent if the practice questions that are included intend to test the fundamental knowledge of students at first and then move on to more difficult levels. The inclusion of practice questions also allows the students to track their progress on this subject.
- The study guide on COMPASS Mathematics should also include all those questions that have been asked during the recent years rather than outdated, old contents and tests.
- The consultation of a COMPASS Math Test study guide should instill confidence in those students who are gearing up for obtaining good scores in COMPASS Math.
- The students must always check the credibility of a study guide on mathematics and a good publisher will always focus on the best interest of the students or the test takers.
Study Guides on Mathematics for COMPASS
The students may find it difficult to choose a perfect study guide for COMPASSS Math prep. However, the study guides that are mentioned below should offer them with good contents and practice questions for scoring well in this section. Since COMPASS is a computer based test, the online courses should be of more use to the test takers:
- The COMPASS Math Test study guide from Kaplan College offered by YourTeacher.com includes videos, practice test, different modes of self test along with the guidance of a personal teacher for the students.
- The COMPASS Math Test study guide offered by my COMPASS test.com includes lessons that allow the students to hone their skills of Algebra and Pre Algebra along with practice tests for assessing the knowledge of the students.
- The sample math questions on Placement Test offered by http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/geometry.pdf and Diagnostic Test by http://www.act.org/compass/sample/pdf/numerical.pdf are one of the most reliable sources for preparing for the Mathematics section of COMPASS.
The COMPASS test for Mathematics covers a broad range of questions for testing the skills and abilities of students before they enroll for suitable Math courses in college. Therefore, in order to qualify for the desired level of courses in this subject, the students must choose a reliable COMPASS Math Test study guide for best results.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page