COMPASS Math Review
5 Tips to Make the Most of a COMPASS Math Review
The challenge of pursuing college education is driven by the COMPASS, which is an assessment test that allows a student to choose a relevant course of study in the college. However, this test is different than the traditional system of test because of the absence of the restriction of time limits that the students usually have to follow while taking any test. Moreover, it is a computer-adaptive test and the results are declared immediately after the completion of the same. Thus, if a student is not satisfied with the scores of this test, it is possible to take the test again according to the regulations of ACT COMPASS.
The Sections of COMPASS Mathematics
The following subjects are tested in the COMPASS test:
- Reading Skills
- Writing Skills
- Essay Writing
- English as Second Language or ESL
The Mathematics section of COMPASS covers a wide range of topics. The Placement Test intends to measure the Basic Skills, Application Skills and Analysis Skills of test takers in the following areas:
- Numerical Skills or Pre Algebra
- College Algebra
Besides this, there are 15 Diagnostic Tests in Algebra and Pre Algebra also included in this section of the test.
Reviewing the Preparation for COMPASS Math
COMPASS Math review provides an opportunity to the test takers to analyze their level of preparation or track their progress in view of this subject. The following points will sum up the tips that are required to use the study guides or prep materials of mathematics in a suitable manner for scoring well in the mathematics section of COMPASS:
- The students must try to follow reliable guides and materials for mathematics particularly those that focus on practice tests. The COMPASS Math review must cover every aspect of the test.
- The COMPASS Math review should teach the test takers about the strategies that must be followed for answering the questions correctly.
- When it comes to COMPASS Math review, there are various websites that offer comprehensive lessons on mathematics that are not only useful, but fascinating as well. Some of the popular Math review sites are www.math.com , www.mathwizz.com and www.freeuniv.com.
- Those students who are genuinely inclined to review their progress of mathematics should assess their knowledge on the topics that are tested in the COMPASS test. This will allow the students to choose the review materials that will benefit them before taking the final examination.
- The COMPASS Math review should be carried out topic-wise so that is easier to concentrate on those areas that require more attention for scoring well in the final examination.
Review of Study Guides of COMPASS Math
While reviewing the progress or level of preparation is important as far as COMPASS math is concerned, it is equally important to consider a review of the study guides that are consulted by students while preparing for COMPASS Math test.
The next few points will reveal the features of 3-4 study guides for COMPASS Math:
- The PDF versions of sample questions and answers are available in http://www.act.org/compass/sample/index.html.
- For practice questions, tests and a complete guide on COMPASS math, the students can log on to http://www.mycompasstest.com/. The students will also get an opportunity to study the important lessons on mathematics including Pre-Algebra and Algebra.
- The lessons and practice tests from Kaplan College are almost similar to COMPASS Math review as they offer a complete course on mathematics along with a personal teacher for explaining the lessons. The students should log on to http://www.yourteacher.com/colleges/kaplan-college.php for more information on this.
- For COMPASS Math study guide, the students can also log on to http://www.davenport.edu/Portals/0/LibraryInfoCommons/DAVENPORTAL/Testing/tests/compass-math-sample.pdf for sample test questions on mathematics.
The COMPASS Math review helps the students to understand their level of preparation in Mathematics so that they are able to concentrate on their strengths and weaknesses in order to score well in this examination.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page