Details to Prepare for COMPASS Mathematics
Invaluable Tips for COMPASS Math Prep
The COMPASS Math
The Math section is one of the three sections of the COMPASS, the other two being the Reading and the Writing sections. Let's face it, mathematics is not a subject that many of us are good at and this is the reason why many people choose to take help in this section at the time of preparation for the test. One thing you need to keep in mind is that even if you are not very good in this subject, it is possible for you to obtain a good score when you choose a good and useful prep course to help you improve in that topic. You just need to stay dedicated and study efficiently. There are five areas on which you will be tested and these are:
- College Algebra
The questions that you will find here will be multiple-choice questions, with five answer options for each question. You need to be very careful when you are picking the correct answer because you have to be sure that option you have chosen is the correct answer. This is because you cannot go back and change your answer. You will find around 12 to 15 questions in the maths section. The result of this test will determine whether you will succeed in the course that you are planning to pursue in college.
COMPASS Math Prep Tips
To ensure that you get a high score in the math section, you need to follow the tips given below.
- Buy a good guide book: You will find that there are many good and informative books to help you with your preparation. You will find them in the bookstores and also in online stores. It is best that you do a little research online to find out the names of some of the good books that you can buy to study for the math section. If you know people who have taken this test, you can also ask them for recommendation too. Remember to buy a popular book because a well-known guide is often a very useful guide.
- Memorize the formulas: There is no doubt that you will be able to solve the math problems correctly only if you know the right formulas. This is the reason why it is vital that you memorize the important formulas well before the exam. You will be able to obtain a good score when you know which formulas to apply for solving the various problems that will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Practice: An important strategy or tip is to practice the various mathematical problems on a regular basis. It is only when you work on the questions frequently that you will be able to perform well in the actual test. There are so many online sites that offer free sample tests to the candidates. You can take the sample tests and after each test, you will be able to find out how many answers you have got right.
- Study at a time when you are at your best: There are certain times of the day when you can study the best. This is the period when you should prepare for the test so that your brain will be able to absorb more. It can be morning, afternoon, night or any time in-between.
- Do not use mobile phones while studying: This is self-explanatory. You should prevent yourself from using mobile phones when you are studying for the test. This is because the phone will distract you and you will pay more attention to the phone than to the information in your book.
Keep in Mind...
If you want to score high in the test, then you need to make use of a good study book and start preparing for the exam as soon as possible. You will not be able to obtain a high score when you study only a few days before the test. So look for the best guide book in the market and start preparing for the examination as soon as you can, without wasting time.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page