COMPASS Entrance Exam
Importance of Taking COMPASS Entrance Exam
The COMPASS Test
You are seeking admission in a particular course and you are now hearing that you need to take the COMPASS entrance exam. Are you wondering what this test is? It is an examination that will assess whether you should be enrolled for that particular course or not. Since it is a computerized exam, you need to sit in front of the computer and answer the questions. You will find that there are three sections that are included in this test and these are the following:
The scores of each of the sections will be shown in the report individually. Unlike other examinations, no composite score will be calculated for COMPASS. This is the reason why you need to score high in all the sections if you wish to increase your chances of getting admission.
Why is COMPASS Important?
There are many reasons why the COMPASS entrance exam is vital. Read the following points to find out what they are:
- For the purpose of gaining admission in a college: If you wish to pursue a course in a particular college, then you may need to take this test. If the result obtained by you is not good enough, then the education institution may deny you admission. They will have a cut-off score that you will have to obtain. If your score is lower than this, then your chances of getting enrolled into the course will be slim.
- It will help the college decide whether to accept or deny admission: With the help of your result of the COMPASS, the college will decide whether they will give you admission into the course that you wish to pursue or not. If they enrol students who do not have the skills to find success in the course, it will only lead to the wastage of college resources. So to prevent this, most colleges have made it mandatory for the potential students to take the COMPASS entrance exam.
- The test will help in determining the skills of a student: This is an exam that will help in ascertaining what skills you have and what skills you lack. Through this test, you will be able to find out if you have the required skills to succeed in the course that you wish to pursue. If you lack these skills, then you can consider other courses that are more suitable for you. This way, you will not be wasting your time studying a program that you will not be able to find success in.
Features of the COMPASS Test
Given below are the features of the COMPASS entrance exam:
- The COMPASS is not a timed exam. This means that there is no time limit within which you are expected to finish the test. You can answer all the questions at a pace that you feel is convenient.
- The questions that will be displayed on the computer screen will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. For each question, there will be five answer options from which you will have to think carefully and select an option that you believe is the right answer.
- Most students take about 15-90 minutes to complete each of the three sections in the examination. This will vary from person to person, depending on how fast they are. If you are well-prepared for the test and you are also fast in answering the questions, then the time taken by you will not be much.
- The score report can be obtained by you as soon as you finish the test. You will have to just go to the proctor and ask him for the same.
- Generally, colleges will not accept the COMPASS entrance exam result that is more than two years old. If the scores are older than two years, then you may have to take a retest.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page