The Math Test in COMPASS of ACT
Utility of ACT COMPASS Math Test
The Math Exam
The Math section of the COMPASS test is a computerized exam, consisting of multiple choice questions. Generally, there are about 12 to 15 questions in this section and there is no time limit within which you are required to complete these questions. How fast you take the exam will depend on certain factors. These are as the following:
- How well prepared you are for the exam.
- How fast you are in solving the questions.
One thing you need to be aware of is that unlike the other exams, there is no composite score that will be calculated. This is the reason why you need to score high in each of the three sections, including the Math section. It is only when you have a high score that you will have higher chances of getting admission in the college-level program of your preference.
Uses of the Math Test
There are many uses of the Math section of the COMPASS test. To find out what they are, read the following points:
- Admission to a Math course: The Math section will help in determining whether you should be given admission to the Math course that you are planning to pursue in a particular college. The exam will determine whether you have the skills to succeed in this particular course or not. If you do not have the skills, then you will not be able to finish the course successfully. Hence, the result of this test will help the college determine whether you should be given admission or not.
- Help to the college: The result of the test will help the college ascertain whether you should be enrolled for a particular course or not. If they enrol you even though you do not have the skills to succeed, it will only lead to the wastage of the college resources. So, the educational institution will refer to your result and then decide.
- Help in ascertaining your skills: Through this exam, you will be able to find out if you have the skills in mathematics or not. It will also help you determine the areas in which you are strong and the areas that you are weak in. As a result, you can undertake measures to improve yourself.
More About the Math Test
Given below are some of the points that you need to know about the Math section of the COMPASS test:
- First of all, the COMPASS is a computerized exam where you will have to take the test online. You will need to have basic computer skills for this purpose.
- This exam has no time limit. In other words, you can spend as much time as you want in answering the questions. You will not have to worry about not being able to finish the test on time. Take your time and work on the questions without any tension. Generally, the time taken to work on theMath test will range from 15 to 90 minutes.
- You will find around 12 to 15 questions in the section and they will be in the form of multiple-choice questions. You will find five answer options for each question from where you need to pick an option that you believe is the right answer. Keep in mind that there is no negative marking for a wrong answer, so even if you do not know the answer, you can choose one that you feel is the right option.
- It is very important that you obtain a high score in this section because it will increase your chances of getting admission in the college-level course that you wish to enrol in.
- You will be able to get the score report instantly after you finish the test. You will need to go to the proctor for the result. This report will be valid for a period of two years because most colleges will not accept the result if it is older than two years.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page