Importance of CBEST and NESINC
The California Basic Educational Skills Test, better known as the CBEST is a standardized test and is conducted in the states of California and Oregon. It is a test that evaluates candidates and their eligibility for becoming a teacher specifically in the states of California and some areas of Oregon. There are three main areas tested on the CBEST which are: Reading, Writing and Mathematics. The test goes on for four hours and involves two essays in the Writing section. The CBEST NESINC is conducted in both paper-based and computer-based formats. It is administered by the National Evaluation Systems, Inc.
The official website of the CBEST is http://www.cbest.nesinc.com/. There is a lot of accurate information available on this website regarding registration, scoring and practice for this test. This article is devoted towards providing you with ample information about this test, its structure and other aspects.
Test Structure and Pattern
The test is not designed to test the intelligence or aptitude of candidates in a particular set of skills. Rather, it tests their knowledge in the essential skills of Reading, Writing and Mathematics. These skills are very important in the life of an educator. Hence, these skills must be tested before allowing someone to be a part of the education system.
There are three sections in the CBEST NESINC. The sections are described below:
Writing Section: This section consists of two essays that the candidate has to write within a time limit of one hour. In this section, the candidate needs to formulate an outline and then form an essay on the given topics. One of the essays asks to narrate a personal experience pertaining to the given issue while, the other essay requires you to evaluate a given situation or statement.
Reading Section: There are 50 multiple choice questions in this section of the CBEST NESINC. These are based on comprehending passages that range from 100 to 200 words in length. Rarely, these may be very short passages or may have just one or two sentences. Forty percent of the questions evaluate the critical analysis and the remaining sixty percent of the questions test your comprehension and research skills.
Mathematics Section: There are 50 multiple choice questions in this section too. 40 percent of the questions are based on concepts pertaining to arithmetic whereas the remaining 60 percent of the questions are based on geometry and other mathematical concepts.
Test Duration and Registration
The registration for this test is done at the official website that has been mentioned above. You can book a date and venue for the CBEST NESINC by logging on to the official website mentioned above. If you opt for a computer-based test, there will not be any specific dates because in that case, the test is held as per demand. In case of a paper-based test, there are a specific set of questions which you can find on the official website.
Importance of CBEST and NESINC
The CBEST NESINC is a very important test for anyone who wants to become a teacher in the state of California because of the following main reasons:
It tests the basic skills that any educator needs to have. Hence, if a candidate does not pass the tests, he or she needs to give them again in order to continue or start teaching.
It is very important such that the administrations of the different schools can get a standardized common ground on which they can evaluate candidates.
It is important as a measure to keep the performance of educators throughout the state balanced. The NESINC can ensure that all the teachers teaching in the state of California have passed the test and are thus eligible to teach students.
Hence, it can be concluded that, given the skills it tests, the CBEST NESINC is a very important test in the career of a teacher in California. This test keeps in check the performance of all candidates and allows only those candidates who have demonstrated their ability to form cogent essays, solve basic mathematical problems and comprehend any sort of written down information.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page