3 Methods to Prepare for CAHSEE
Being a mandatory step at public high schools in the state of California, CAHSEE is an important exam for all aspiring high school students. This article on CAHSEE study can not only help you learn some important methods for CAHSEE test preparation, but also enable you learn more about the vital aspects of this test.
An Introduction to the CAHSEE Test
One of the primary steps to CAHSEE study would be to learn every vital aspect of the test. Here is a list of pointers that can help you understand more about the test:
- In the state public education system of California, the CAHSEE is a compulsory testing for all high school students. Students first take this test when in grade 10. They get many more opportunities to take and pass the CAHSEE test during their 11th and 12th grades.
- The purpose of this testing is to assess the students' knowledge levels and skills in the academic areas of Math, Reading, and Writing, and ensure grade-appropriate competency levels in them. The test also helps improve the academic achievement of students in the California public school system.
- There are two sections included in the CAHSEE test - the English-Language Arts part (ELA) and the Mathematics part.
- There is no time limit for completing a CAHSEE test. You may take as much time as required within the regular working hours of a normal school day.
- All parts of the test are administered in the traditional paper-based format.
To get know more about the CASHSEE test, refer to the official CDE or CAHSEE website (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/). You may also go through the exam blueprints and CAHSSEE study guides available at the CDE website (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/resources.asp).
How to Go About CAHSEE Study/Preparation?
As in the case of any other testing, no single study plan can be laid out for the CAHSEE study purpose. Based on each individual student's abilities, strengths, and requirements, the test taking styles and strategies may differ. However, listed here are three methods that can help in your CAHSEE study efforts:
- Base your CAHSEE study on what you already know. To put it straight, the CAHSEE test content is grounded on what you have already learnt through your 10th grade (7th grade in case of the Math part). Hence, preparing for this test can become easier, if you focus on what you have already learnt and revise those topics, if required.
- Take practice tests. You may get a few practice tests online in the official CAHSEE study guides. You may as well look for other practice guides and tests online and offline, and use them to the maximum. As they say, practice maketh perfect.
- Learn the test strategies and tips. There are interesting aspects of the CAHSEE test that can help you perform better, like no negative marks for incorrect responses. Also, you may take as much time as you want and there is no need to hurry through your questions. Learning about these small tips is important when you gear up for CAHSEE study.
You may find many more tips and methods online and offline that may help you prepare for CAHSEE study and test taking. However, you may note that the three pointers given above are commonly applicable methods that might work for almost anyone, without much regard to his/her individual preferences and requirements for test preparation/taking. Listed below are a few additional CAHSEE study methods that may serve your purpose:
Additional Study Methods for CAHSEE Preparation
- Self-study as an effective tool for CAHSEE preparation. Many people argue that CAHSEE being a test based on what you have already learnt in your school, it may not require additional prep books or classes for preparation. Self-study can work out, if you are self-motivated and can work on your own. You may take the help of a good number of online resources and books for your CAHSEE self-study.
- Joining a prep program for test preparation. Joining a prep class or tutorial for your CAHSEE preparation can be good idea, especially if you are someone who enjoys studying in a group. Like the one offered by the Los Angeles City College (http://www.lacitycollege.edu/services/cahsee/index.html), there are many online and on-site programs for CAHSEE study today.
- Discussing with others. Having discussions with others is another good means for interactive study. You may join online forums or groups or meetings in your locality that pertain to CAHSEE preparation.
The CAHSEE test content being based on the state approved standards and syllabus through grade ten; it can very well be assumed that many people might not require additional prep programs for CAHSEE preparation. Anyway, the fact remains that it is an essential step towards a high school diploma, and therefore, you need to practice well and prepare for the test seriously. Based on your individual style of learning and other related factors, you may choose from a variety of methods for CAHSEE study, however, the focus should be on mastering the required competencies and techniques and passing the test with the highest of honors.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page