Scoring High in CAHSEE
Importance of High CAHSEE Scores
The CAHSEE intends to measure the grade-level expertise of the students who are studying in public schools of California and want to obtain high school diploma. However, the applicants of this test are required to prove their skills in Reading, Writing and Mathematics before acquiring the diploma of high school. The contents or topics of this test correspond with the academic standards that are devised by the State Board of Education or SBE.
In order to get the required scores, the students must show their proficiency in this test, which is divided into two categories:
- English-Language Arts or ELA
As far as the scores are concerned, the following points sum up the facts:
- There are 73 multiple-choice questions that are asked in English Language Arts section. The candidates have to answer 60 percent of the questions correctly in this section or obtain a scaled score of 350.
- Similarly, in the Mathematics section, there are 80 multiple-choice questions and the students are required to attempt 55 percent of the questions correctly or attain a minimum scaled score of 350.
What is the significance of obtaining high scores? Let us find out from the following points:
- The objective of CAHSEE is to improve the performances of the candidates for obtaining high school diploma. Therefore, obtaining high scores ensures that they are able to obtain this diploma conveniently.
- Since taking the CAHSEE is compulsory for all then students who are studying in the public schools of California, there is bound to be huge competition among the students. Therefore, each applicant must try to prepare for the test in such a manner so that they are able to take the test with confidence and get high scores required for acquiring the high school diploma.
- Those students, who have the skills and abilities required for obtaining high scores and get the diploma of high school, are likely to get better career opportunities in future.
- A majority of competitive exams include Mathematics and English as two of the major test subjects and those students, who can perform well in this test and achieve high scores, will have more opportunities to take their career forward and fulfill their academic goals.
- Those students who are able to obtain high scores prove their effectiveness in academics when compared with their fellow competitors.
The scores are important because this school exit test is to be taken by all the candidates who are pursuing their education in the public schools of California and intend to obtain high school diploma for taking their career forward and continue the college studies. Therefore, each applicant must ensure that they are professed with the required skills for taking this test and prepare sufficiently to achieve the level of scores that are required to pass the test. However, the students with disability who have an Individualized Education Program or Section 504 Plan are exempted from taking this certification.
Although the students are allowed to take a retest if they are unable to achieve the passing scores, the intent of the students should be to pass this exam with high scores in order to enhance their possibilities of getting a high school diploma without any hurdles. In order to obtain the requiredscores , the candidates taking this test should familiarize themselves with the sections of the test and the topics that are tested in this exam. There are numerous study materials or books that are available for the students to strengthen their preparation for this test. Taking practice tests or mock tests regularly assists the students to take the final exam with confidence enabling them to answer most of the questions of Math and English correctly. On the whole, obtaining high scores makes sure that the students take the school exit examination with conviction for acquiring high school diploma.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page