Prepare for CAHSEE in the Shortest Time
When preparing for CAHSEE, it is important that you are aware of the various methods and resources available to you. This article lists some of the important methods for CAHSEE preparation. It also enumerates some popular prep titles, coaching programs, and crash courses available for CAHSEE preparation today.
Prep Methods for CAHSEE
How a person learns may differ from one individual to the other, depending on many factors like the individual's style of studying, his/her strengths and weaknesses, and the availability/non-availability of time and other resources. For CAHSEE preparation too, there can be different methods that may suit each individual student. Here is a list of some of the popular methods that students often choose:
Self Study: One of the most commonly chosen methods for CAHSEE preparation is self study. With the CAHSEE test content not being any different from your high school syllabus, this method can actually be very effective, if you are self-motivated enough and are able to work on your own regularly. With plenty of preparation resources also available, getting the required help for preparation is not very difficult. Some of the popular CAHSEE preparation titles are:
- The official study guides from CDE for ELA and Mathematics (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/resources.asp)
- CAHSEE English Language Arts (REA) - The Best Test Prep for the California High School Exit Exam by REA. For more information, refer to: http://www.amazon.com/CAHSEE-English-Language-Arts-REA/dp/0738600016
- Kaplan CAHSEE Mathematics: California High School Exit Exam from the famous publishing house of Kaplan (http://books.google.co.in/books/about/Kaplan_CAHSEE_Mathematics.html?id=5zeAkU1CqJ4C&redir_esc=y)
Joining a prep program: Many students would like to be in a class-room environment during their study efforts. Systematic and regular instructions and the support and presence of a peer group can be motivating factors for people to study. There are many such programs offered across the state and also online for CAHSEE preparation. Interestingly, according to the California State law, all eligible students in the state should be provided with the required tutoring services and instructions to help them pass the CAHSEE (http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/hs/ab347qa.asp). Thus, many local community colleges and public libraries also have instruction or prep programs dedicated to CAHSEE. Some of these are listed below:
- City College of San Francisco, CAHSEE Prep Program (https://www.ccsf.edu/NEW/en/future-students/future-academy_pathway-dual-enrollment-students/cahsee.html)
- Jefferson High School program for CAHSEE preparation (http://bas.berkeley.net/academic.html)
- Long Beach School of Adults, CAHSEE Preparation Class (http://www.lbusd.k12.ca.us/lbsa/hsd/cahsee.htm).
- Los Angeles Trade Tech College (http://www.lattc.edu/lattc/k-12/BridgeSuccess/cahsee.html)
- The CAHSEE Bridge to College Program at Los Angeles City (http://www.lacitycollege.edu/services/cahsee/).
- Studying on your own, with tutoring for difficult areas: Many students also prefer to study on their own, but take additional help for their difficult areas. Such a combination for CAHSEE preparation methods may be ideal, if you have certain specific needs in some areas, but can work well on the other sections of the test on your own.
How to Prepare When You Are Short of Time?
You take the CAHSEE test first when you are in your grade ten. You may repeat the test, provided you could not pass all/any of the sections in your first attempt, during your eleventh and twelfth grades. Therefore, time is usually not a concern for your CAHSEE test preparation. Nonetheless, if you are looking for test preparation methods, so that you can get ready for the test in the shortest time available, you can find many options in the form of crash courses and intensive CAHSEE preparation programs. However, while choosing an intensive course or program, be aware of the following facts and pointers:
- Time available at hand and the period offered by the course provider.
- Quality of the course being offered - in terms of test coverage, accuracy, and authenticity.
- Success rate of previous students, if any.
- Course fee and other expenses including traveling costs.
Some of the popular crash /intensive programs for CAHSEE test preparation are listed below:
- CAHSEE intensive course from Great Source (http://www.greatsource.com/california/cahsee.html): This is a two-week, professional program focusing on both review and practice aspects.
- Intensive CAHSEE Prep Class from Salinas Education Center (http://www.salinasadultschool.com/Flyers/Intensive%20CAHSEE%20Prep%20Class-Summer%202012.pdf) - The program is meant for adults taking up the CAHSEE test, and involves lectures, assignments and group work as part of the training methodology.
- CAHSEE Mathematics Review Program from TPS Publishing (http://www.tpspublishing.com/cahsee.html): This short, intensive program comes with a prep guide that is designed to assist in intensive reviews, and also includes tips and strategies for taking the test.
To Sum U...
A variety of resources and methods exist today to help you prepare for the CAHSEE test. You may choose the most suitable method and resource according to your individual needs, time available, and any budgetary constraints. However, always take care to choose resources that help you score high in the test and, in turn, carve out a better future for yourself!
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page