ASVAB Vocabulary Practice
How to Improve Your Vocabulary Through Practice
Studying for ASVAB
ASVAB or the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test is an examination that is very important because the result of this exam is vital for determining whether or not an individual is eligible for enlistment in the U.S Armed Forces. This is the reason why you need to start studying for the exam as early as possible in order to secure a high score. For those who do not have a good hold of the English vocabulary, it is a matter of concern since they will not be able to obtain high scores in the English subtests. However, you need not worry about it because with ASVAB vocabulary practice, you will be able to get high scores in these subtests. A very important thing you need to remember is that you should start preparing for the exam a minimum of two or three months before the date of the actual test.
Improving Your ASVAB Vocabulary
To enhance your vocabulary in order to score high in the English subtests of the ASVAB exam, you should follow the following tips:
- Read a lot- First of all, it is important for you to know that in order to improve your English language it is essential that you read a lot. This is very essential if you are looking for ways for ASVAB vocabulary practice. A newspaper is one of the best materials you can use for reading. You get newspapers everyday and you do not even have to spend extra money for this purpose. By reading on a regular basis, you will be able to familiarize yourself with new words. It is also a good idea to develop the habit of reading books and magazines. This will also help you improve your English.
- Read the dictionary- Another tip you can use is to open your dictionary randomly and learn new words. You can do this at any time whenever you are free. Remember, you need to understand the meanings of these words properly so that you will be able to use the same correctly.
- Use a diary- When you are undertaking your ASVAB vocabulary practice, make sure that you write down the new words that you are learning daily in a diary. This is because you may forget the meaning of certain words after some time and you can always refer to the diary when you need to refresh your memory.
- Note down words used in communication- Sometimes when you are talking to people, you may come across certain terms that you may never have heard of. You can note these words down and then find out their meanings so that you can memorize these terms to improve your vocabulary.
- Practice everyday- Last but not the least; make sure that you are taking some time out DAILY to practice because to improve your vocabulary, you need continuous practice. If you think you will be able to remember the terms you have learned simply by studying once, you are mistaken. It takes time for you to understand and you should make it a habit to use the words whenever you are conversing with someone. This is one of the best ways to remember these terms.
Vocabulary Software & Wordlists for ASVAB
Given below are links to some of the sites where you will find help on ASVAB vocabulary practice:
- http://www.english-test.net/asvab/vocabulary/words/008/asvab-test.php: This is a website where you will find words and options for choosing the right answer. You will also find the answers to each of the questions in this site. It will be possible for you to learn new words from this wordlist and use the same at the time of taking the ASVAB test.
- http://www.coursehero.com/flashcards/11688/ASVAB-Vocabulary-Nouns: This is a website where you will find flashcards to learn English vocabulary. A term will be displayed and its meaning can be found on the other side of the card. You can learn as many terms as you want by using this site.
- http://www.flashcardexchange.com/cards/asvab-vocabulary-404256: Flash Card exchange is another great place where you can improve your English vocabulary by learning new words and their meanings. You can spend some time on this site if you wish to enhance your English language by learning new terms.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page