ASVAB Testing Dates
When can you take the ASVAB?
Taking the ASVAB offers the greatest opportunity to those candidates who want to explore their career in the military in United States. Accordingly, high school and post secondary candidates can take the challenge of writing the ASVAB or the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery. The test is conducted in two modes:
- Paper and Pencil: In this mode of the test, a candidate has to write the test on paper and all applicants answer similar questions within a particular time frame and are able to move on to the consecutive sections only when instructions are provided to them.
- CAT - ASVAB or the Computer administered ASVAB: The computer adapted test is based on the skills and abilities of an individual as he is allowed to move on to the sub sections of the test without waiting for any kind of instruction.
Obtaining the Test Dates for ASVAB
As far as ASVAB testing dates are concerned, an applicant has to obtain a schedule of the test from the recruiters by contacting them through the website http://www.todaysmilitary.com/ . However, the recruiters will confirm at first whether the applicants have fulfilled the eligibility requirements of the test before allotting ASVAB testing dates.
In short, the applicants of ASVAB are interviewed by the recruiters before they decide to assign ASVAB testing dates to all those candidates who are prepared to begin their career in the military. The applicants are sent to MEPS or Military Entrance Processing Stations or Military Entrance Test Sites after the fulfillment of the eligibility conditions for this examination.
ASVAB Test Dates: Things to Remember
When it comes to ASVAB testing dates, the candidate should remember the following points:
- After taking the ASVAB for the first time, the test can be taken again after the completion of one month and another month for the second time based on the ASVAB testing dates on which the test had been taken by them.
- However, after this, an applicant will have to wait for six months before obtaining ASVAB testing dates from recruiters.
- The scores of ASVAB remain valid for a period of two years from ASVAB testing dates that are used for the purpose of enlistment.
- There are various factors that are taken into account by the recruiters such as the age of the applicants, their criminal records, health maladies or usage of drugs before ASVAB testing dates are granted to the applicants of this test.
- If the recruiters are not convinced with the performance of the candidates, they will posses the right for not allowing the applicants to take the test or allot the test dates to those applicants. In other words, a recruiter may decide not to spend time with those applicants any longer.
- Whether the test is taken by post secondary or high school applicants, the enlistment process can be carried out with the help of the same scores after verification.
- The general candidates should obtain the ASVAB testing dates after the completion of the prescreening test or the interview.
The ASVAB is a pioneering examination that provides an opportunity to all those applicants who are keen to pursue a career in Marines, Navy, Army and Air Force in the United States. However, the candidates who want to take this test should know and understand those conditions that must be fulfilled for contacting the recruiters in order to obtain the test dates of ASVAB. On the other hand, the test dates should leave the applicants with sufficient time to prepare for the final examination thereby enhancing their chances of success in this test. Therefore, each applicant should spend time in assessing the prescreening test conditions so that they are able to move on to the next stage of securing the dates of the final examination of ASVAB.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page