Testing Centers for ASVAB
Where All Can You Test for ASVAB?
Taking the ASVAB
The ASVAB is an examination that is important for those who are interested in joining the U.S Armed Forces. It is scores you receive in this test that will determine whether or not you are qualified for enlistment. If the score you have obtained is low, you will not be permitted to join the U.S Military. This is the reason why you need to prepare for the test well so that you can score high. This is not an IQ test because this exam will test your skills. It will determine whether or not you can carry out things effectively in the Armed Forces and the result of the subtests will determine which jobs will be better suited for you. The U.S Armed Forces will make use of your subtest scores to find the most suitable job for you.
It is important for you to realize that you need to register for the examination beforehand. Signing up for this test can be done through the school counselor if you are still in high school; or you can get in touch with a military recruiter for this purpose. The counselor or the recruiter will help you with the registration process and they will also help you choose the place to take the test from the many test centers. To find out where you can find a recruiter near you, you can visit this website: http://www.todaysmilitary.com/.
ASVAB Test Locations
When it comes to the centers, you need to be aware of various aspects regarding the places where you can take the test. Keep the following points in mind, before you register for this exam:
- The tests are taken in the Military Entrance Processing Station or MEPS, where the test offered is the computer based version of the test. This is basically a body of the Department of Defence that houses both the civilians as well as military professionals. In the United States and Puerto Rico, there are 65 testing locations or MEPS where the test takers can take this exam.
- In case there are no MEPS near the place where you are living, you can take the exam at a Military Entrance Test or MET site. The MET sites are generally situated in National Guard armories, buildings of the Central Government offices or Reserve centers. The MET sites offer only the P&P version of the examination.
- The different branches of the U.S Armed Forces can also administer the ASVAB to those people who are presently working in the military but who wish to switch job positions. This test can be taken by those who wish to be classified again for the purpose of on-the-job training.
- To find out about the various MEPS or the ASVAB test centers that are found in the United States, you can visit this website: http://official-asvab.com/meps_map.htm. Here, you will be able to find out the places where the test can be taken.
Rules of the ASVAB Test Locations
There are certain rules of the ASVAB test centers that you need to keep in mind because if you break any one of these rules, you will not be able to take the exam.
- On the day of the test, it is vital that you reach the venue before time. If you are not there on time, you will not be allowed to enter the testing room even if you have registered for the test. Thus, make sure that you find out where the test center is located and then make sure you reach there on time.
- Another thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to take your valid photo identification when you go to take your test. At the time of registration also you need to show this ID. Without this identification, you will not be permitted to take the exam.
- If you want, you can ask the military recruiter to take you to the testing venue but keep in mind that he will not be allowed to enter the examination room with you.