Help for ASVAB Study
Importance of focused study for ASVAB
The ASVAB or Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery is taken by candidates who are keen to join the Armed Forces of the United
States. The test is conducted annually and administered to high school
and post secondary students. The exam
intends to assess the skills and abilities of the candidates for
enlistment and jobs in the military. As is evident from the nature of the examination, proper preparation is essential if you want to fare well in the test.
The Modes of ASVAB
The ASVAB conducted in two different modes that include the following:
- Paper and Pencil Test: This is the conventional mode of the examination in which every applicant has to attempt the same questions within a given period of time and takes about 3 hours to complete.
- Computer administered Test: This is an adaptive test that is answered according to the ability and skills of each applicant. Thus, the candidates have the freedom to move in to the next section after the completion of each section and it takes about one and a half hours to complete.
- Studying from guide books that provide you with in-depth knowledge regarding the various sub-tests in the ASVAB
- Enrolling in an online preparatory course
- Enrolling in a classroom training session
- Taking online practice tests (some are available free of cost)
Methods of Study for ASVAB
As far as the help for studying is concerned, there is no specific or structured pattern of studying that is encouraged for this test. While the students have the liberty to study different course programs on the subjects such as Science, Mathematics and English, there are technical study materials that are available on the sub tests such as Auto Information, Shop Information, Mechanical Comprehension and Electronics Information. However, the pretests for ASVAB that are conducted by various course providers are considered as one of the best modes of help for preparation for ASVAB because of the following reasons:
- The tests are conducted under realistic conditions, which are similar to the final examination and instills more confidence in every applicant.
- By taking these tests, the applicants get an opportunity to evaluate their strengths and
- The pretests also help the applicants to focus on time management as the subtests are to be answered within ten to thirty six minutes. In fact, each candidate must take the pretest for accepting the challenge of time that is present in the final examination.
The Significance of a Specific Study pattern for ASVAB
The ASVAB is an examination that evaluates the eligibility of the candidates for enlistment in Army, Navy, Air Force or Marine Corps through the scores of AFQT that includes the following subjects:
- Arithmetic Reasoning
- Mathematics Knowledge
- Paragraph Comprehension
- Word Knowledge
The scores of all the subtests determine the ability of the candidates to secure good jobs in the military. The applicants of this test should follow a specific pattern of studying or acquire proper help because of the following reasons:
- An applicant will have to consider disciplined methods of studying for enhancing their chances of success in the exam. Since the ASVAB is a time-bound examination the more you practice the greater will be efficiency. Moreover, a disciplined approach to test preparation will allow you to attempt all the subtests on varied topics, in a confident manner.
- The scores of the test will determine the enlistment of the candidates and their ability to secure military jobs. Unless a definite preparation source is secured by a candidate, it will be impossible to score well in the test.
- Every applicant should follow the practice tests regularly as it encourages a specific or focused approach of preparing for the test. This is because concentrating on the strong and weak points that are related to the subjects can be identified through this method.
- Following a specific pattern of studying is a good way of acquiring help that is necessary to track the progress of each applicant and make preparation to strengthen their skills.
When it comes to an examination like ASVAB, every applicant must be prepared to tread those extra miles in order to enhance their chances for success and secure a prestigious career in the military.