ASVAB Study Books
7 Tips for Preparation Through ASVAB Study Books
Studying for ASVAB
An important thing you need to know when it comes to studying for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery or ASVAB test is that you need to spend some time REGULARLY to prepare for the exam. If you think that studying only for a few days will help you obtain a good score, then you are mistaken. You can buy some good ASVAB study books to understand the test so that it will be easier for you to prepare yourself and you will also be able to learn some tricks to take the test effectively.
Seven Tips for Studying for ASVAB with Books
1) There are many books available in the market, but make sure you buy the ones that are popular. If the books are not helpful, then they will not be popular among the test takers. This is the reason why you should buy only well-known books for they are helpful.
2) Most of the ASVAB study books will tell you about the format of the test. You should make sure you read this kind of information properly so that you will know what to expect on the day of the test.
3) Try to study during that time of the day when you know your brain will be able to absorb more. For example, if you are someone who can study best at night, then set aside some time and study during this time.
4) Make sure you study for at least five days a week. Moreover, you also need to start preparing for the test two or three months before the date of the exam. This way, you will have enough time to study.
5) Take your ASVAB study books and sit in a room where you will not be disturbed by anyone. This can be your study room or even your bedroom. Make it a habit of leaving your cell phone somewhere else when you are studying for the exam. This way, you will not be distracted. Focus on the book and do not let anything distract your attention.
6) Most books come with practice tests and the answers to these tests are also given. You have to take these tests and after finishing them, you should refer to the answers provided to see how well you have prepared yourself.
7) When you are using the books to prepare for the test, make sure that you read the book page by page. Do not jump to the middle of the book without reading the front pages. This way, you will be able to understand what is being taught optimally.
Review of ASVAB Test Books
- Kaplan ASVAB: This book has been published by Kaplan and it is one of the best ASVAB study books you will find in the market. It is considered as one of the most comprehensive guide books for ASVAB so you will certainly benefit when you buy it to prepare for the exam. There are three complete practice tests included in this book along with their answers. It also has a section that will teach you how you can interpret your scores. Furthermore, each of the subtests is reviewed in detail.
- ASVAB for Dummies: This book by Rod Powers is another option you can consider when you are looking for good ASVAB study books. It reviews all the subtests and you will also find six complete practice tests included in this book along with the answers for the questions. You will also find tips on how you can obtain a high AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- Pass Key to the ASVAB: This book has been published by Barron's Educational Series and investing your money in it will certainly pay off when you get a good score in the ASVAB. It has one complete ASVAB test with explanations to the answers. This prep manual consists of model tests that are just like the actual exam. The book also includes extensive reviews of all the test topics in this exam.
- McGraw-Hill's ASVAB, Second Edition: This book by Dr. Janet Wall comes with a CD-ROM. It consists of four full sample ASVAB tests along with explanations for the same. You will also find useful tips on how you can score high in math and verbal test subtests.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page