Prepare For The ASVAB With The Help Of Good Study Guides
7 Tips for Preparation Through ASVAB Study Books
An important thing you need to know when it comes to studying for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery or ASVAB is that you need to spend some time regularly to prepare for the exam. If you think that studying only for a few days will help you obtain a good score, then you are mistaken. You can buy some good books that will help you prepare for the test and to understand the examination. This will make it easier for you to prepare yourself and you will also be able to learn some tricks to take the test effectively.
Seven Tips for Studying for ASVAB with Books
1) There are many books available in the market, but make sure you buy the ones that are popular. If the books are not helpful, then they will not be popular among the test takers. This is the reason why you should buy only well-known books only.
2) Most of the textbooks will tell you about the format of the test. You should make sure you read this kind of information properly so that you will know what to expect on the day of the test.
3) Try to study during that time of the day when you know your brain will be able to absorb more. For example, if you are someone who can study best at night, then set aside some time and study during this time.
4) Make sure you study for at least five days a week. Moreover, you also need to start preparing for the test two or three months before the date of the exam. This way, you will have enough time to study.
5) Take your study materials and sit in a room where you will not be disturbed by anyone. This can be your study room or even your bedroom. Make it a habit of leaving your cell phone somewhere else when you are studying for the exam. This way, you will not be distracted. Focus on the book and do not let anything distract your attention.
6) Most books come with practice tests and the answers to these tests are also given. You have to take these tests and after finishing them, you should refer to the answers provided to see how well you have prepared yourself.
7) When you are using the books to prepare for the test, make sure that you read the book page by page. Do not jump to the middle of the book without reading the front pages. This way, you will be able to understand what is being taught optimally.
Prominent ASVAB Test Books
- Kaplan ASVAB: This book has been published by Kaplan and it is one of the best books you will find in the market. There are three complete practice tests included in this book along with their answers. It also has a section that will teach you how you can interpret your scores. Furthermore, each of the sub tests is reviewed in detail.
- ASVAB for Dummies: This book by Rod Powers is another option you can consider when you are looking for good study guides. It reviews all the sub tests and you will also find six complete practice tests included in this book along with the answers for the questions. You will also find tips on how you can obtain a high AFQT or Armed Forces Qualification Test score.
- Pass Key to the ASVAB: This book has been published by Barron's Educational Series and investing your money in it will certainly pay off when you get a good score in the test. It has one complete mock examination with explanations to the answers. This manual consists of model tests that are just like the actual exam. The book also includes extensive reviews of all the test topics in this exam.
- McGraw-Hill's ASVAB, Second Edition: This book by Dr. Janet Wall comes with a CD-ROM. It consists of four full sample tests along with explanations for the same. You will also find useful tips on how you can score high in math and verbal subtests.