ASVAB Pre Tests
7 Benefits of ASVAB Pre Tests
What is ASVAB?
ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) is the test that assesses your aptitude for military service. If you are interested in a career in the US military, then you should aim to get a good score in the ASVAB. A high score can ensure that you qualify for military service, and that you get a good job as well.
Advantages of Taking Pre Tests:
The thought of taking the ASVAB is quite daunting for most people. A good way to build your confidence is to take ASVAB pre tests. Of course the most important thing to do is to study for the test, but taking lots of ASVAB pre tests can improve your preparation for the actual test. ASVAB pre tests may be full length, that is, they resemble the actual test in the number of questions, subtests and question types. Pre tests are also available for the individual sections of the ASVAB. The seven exceptional benefits of taking ASVAB pre tests are:
- A full length pre test taken right at the start of your preparation can help you to determine how much you actually need to prepare. It is good to understand this right at the beginning, so that you can select your study material, or perhaps get someone to coach you.
- An initial pre test can also tell you how much time you need for preparation. This will give you a fair idea of when to take the actual test.
- It is also good to discover your weak and strong areas right at the start. This way you can focus your time and attention on any weak areas. Some people have mistaken ideas about their strong and weak points. A pre test can clarify this for you.
- An initial full length pre test may be a source of encouragement to you. You may perform better than what you had expected. If this happens, it can reduce some of the fear you may be experiencing, at the thought of taking the ASVAB.
- Taking pre tests section-wise will enable you to see if your preparation is sufficient or not. Your preparation will be more organized, as you will be able to assess yourself at the end of each section.
- ASVAB pre tests can help you to train yourself, to finish the actual ASVAB within the allotted time.
- Finally, the more ASVAB pre tests you practice, the more familiar you will become with the actual test. You will gain confidence, and feel more comfortable on the day of the ASVAB.
A Little Caution:
Although ASVAB pre tests are a wonderful way to boost your preparation, it is better to keep these words in mind:
- Don't spend too much time practicing pre tests. You should spend most of your preparation time on studying.
- With the ASVAB pre tests, discouragement or overconfidence is also possible. You should avoid both.
- Your pre test scores are not the "last word" on your performance. Your actual test scores are the ones that matter. Don't let a few points here and there deflect you from your goal.
Where to Find ASVAB Pre Tests:
- You can find ASVAB pre tests in preparation books. Many of them will have both full length as well as section-wise pre tests. If you are planning to study from a prep book anyway, try to select one that offers a sufficient number of pre tests. An example is the Kaplan ASVAB 2011 Edition, which is available for $19.99.
- You can also get ASVAB pre tests online. The following links provide online ASVAB practice tests:
- The official website for ASVAB offers preparation help, including sample questions. You can go through those as well. The link is:
You can attempt a pre test more than once. If the scores of your first attempt are not satisfactory, study a little more, perhaps go through the concepts again, and repeat the pre test. Most likely you will find that your scores have improved. ASVAB pre tests are an excellent way to supplement your regular preparation for the ASVAB, provided you use them well.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page