How to Make the Most of an ASVAB DVD for Prep?
The ASVAB or Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery is a test that provides career opportunities to millions of candidates in the United States for joining the military. The test is conducted once every year for high school and post secondary students in two different formats:
- Paper and Pencil: In this format, the test takers are supposed to write their answers on paper, which takes about three hours. While answering the subtests, the candidates are expected to follow the instructions when moving from one section to another.
- CAT or Computer Administered Test: This mode of test, which is driven by software, has been designed to suit the eligibility of the candidates who are taking ASVAB. The duration of this test is one and a half hours as the test takers are allowed to move to the next section after the completion of the previous one.
By taking the ASVAB, the test takers are able to join the military for enlistment and specialized training or jobs in different branches of the military such as Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force. However, attaining success in this examination depends on the mode of preparation to a great extent. In short, the study guides for ASVAB must be chosen carefully for obtaining all the assistance that is required for enhancing the scores in the final examination. ASVAB DVD is a prominent means that is utilized for ASVAB preparations. However, books without DVD are also consulted by several candidates.
Choosing a DVD
Although, it is difficult to predict whether ASVAB DVD provides guaranteed success in the final examination, the following points should be considered in order to utilize the benefits of DVD fully while preparing for this examination:
- The candidates should analyze the benefits and the contents of ASVAB DVD or the video aided instruction before choosing them. Ideally a DVD on ASVAB should contain suitable materials such as review of the latest examination or the strategies that are used for attaining success in the final examination.
- A DVD that is used for ASVAB preparation should offer a comprehensive account of the skills that are required for taking the toughest challenge for joining in any of the streams of the military in the United States such as Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.
- An ASVAB DVD should contain the instructions of experts and following them should help a candidate to excel in ASVAB with high scores. By watching a DVD the candidates will also get an opportunity to eliminate their apprehension for taking this test.
- The ASVAB DVD should also contain interactive sessions that will help the test takers to get answers to their queries.
Review of ASVAB Books and DVD
The following points provide a review of a few books, DVDs or books that come with DVD s for the final examination of ASVAB:
- Master the ASVAB (Book + CD ROM): This is a very useful resource that provides a complete guideline for the final examination of ASVAB. The book contains practice tests and more than 125 career profiles for military. The CD includes practice tests and a vocabulary builder.
- ASVAB for Dummies is another popular book in which the focus lies on the basic facts such as the techniques for taking ASVAB. The candidates will get a preview of the latest ASVAB test along with samples of AFQT and the advantages or disadvantages of both the formats of ASVAB.
- The ASVAB Review is a DVD by SmartFlix that allows the test takers to sharpen their skills in all the subtests so that they are able to feel confident on the day of the examination. Furthermore, this ASVAB DVD also offers practice questions along with explanations and strategies for choosing the correct answers.
Taking ASVAB might appear as a daunting task for the candidates until they are able to track the correct resources of learning and preparation for ASVAB. While books belong to the category of conventional modes of preparation, an ASVSB DVD offers instructions and lessons through a video for better test taking strategies that are required for enhancing the scores.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page