ASVAB Study Materials on the Internet
10 Downloads that are Must-haves for ASVAB Prep
Since 1976, all the branches of the US armed forces have been using the ASVAB for classifying as well as enlisting purposes. ASVAB scores are, therefore, significantly important for military aspirants. Though this test does not really need any extra coaching for preparing, it is always wise to go over the core areas and be sure of yourself. Here is a list of materials that can be downloaded to help you prepare well for the test...
ASVAB in a Nutshell
The Armed Service Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a battery of timed aptitude tests used to decide the eligibility of candidates for US military enlisting and for classifying selected candidates into appropriate job roles. In addition to military aspirants, thousands of senior and high school students also take this test to understand their aptitudes and skills, and explore career opportunities for themselves.
For more information on ASVAB refer to the official ASVAB sites:
How to Prepare Yourself?
The test consists of multiple choice questions from
high school/college level Maths, Science, and English areas. A good
grasp of the core topics at school/college level is what is required,
thus, for performing well in the test. Revising your core subjects,
particularly focusing on any weak areas and practicing sample questions
could be the best possible method to prepare yourself. In addition, the
best place to start off your preparation would be the official websites
for ASVAB. Some of the materials that you can download for the test preparation are:
- ASVAB.us (http://www.asvab.us/) - This website has many resources for ASVAB preparation, including downloadable materials. These materials come free of cost, as executable files, which you can install in your system.
- ASVAB Test from SoftKings (http://download.cnet.com/ios/softkings/3260-20_4-10179847.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody) - This test product from SoftKings is specifically designed to work on iPods and costs you around $1.99. However, you must have an iTunes account to download this application.
- Ultimate ASVAB Practice System (http://www.study-asvab.com/?hop=baseops) - Along with a set of online questions and other useful resources, this package provides you with Ultimate ASVAB Guidebook with Guaranteed Study Plan, an ASVAB material for studying and practicing. According to the publishers, this guide lays out a planned program for your ASVAB test preparation. The whole package comes at around $40.00.
- ASVAB Practice Test Software from Recon Test Prep (http://www.practiceasvabtests.com/) - Recon has many practice materials and other useful information on the ASVAB test. This material costs you around $40.00 and includes timed practice tests and three full length AFQT tests. The software comes with a 100% money-back guarantee, as well.
- ASVAB Review from Aihua Soft (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/asvab-review/id480228285?mt=12) - This is a paid ASVAB downloadable material from the Apple store. You need to have Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later for installing this application It contains important review materials for the core test areas, in addition to flashcards, detailed explanations, and materials for self-review.
- ASVAB Study Guide from StudyGuideZone (http://www.studyguidezone.com/asvabtest.htm) - The StudyGuideZone has many materials for ASVAB preparation including practice questions. This study guide is available for free download as a PDF file, and contains strategies and tips for preparing for each of the core areas.
- ASVAB Review from Sprockit (http://download.cnet.com/ASVAB-Review/3000-20415_4-75552735.html) - This is a free of cost, flashcard review application for ASVAB preparation, especially designed for iPhones and iPods. It contains over 330 flashcards to help you review the test content/materials. You need to have an iTunes account to download this application.
- ASVAB in a Nutshell from Wiley (http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/19/04701067/0470106719.pdf) - This PDF book is helpful in understanding about the important aspects of ASVAB test, like the versions, the test content, the AFQT score, and retesting policies. Though this material does not offer any help for test taking, it helps in understanding about the test
- ASVAB Practice For Dummies 2.1 from gWhiz (http://www.tomsguide.com/us/download/ASVAB-Practice-For-Dummies,0301-29489.html) - This application for iPhones is a paid software, providing comprehensive review materials on all relevant topics, a sample test, and full-feature practice tests.
- ASVAB Exam Study Guide (http://www.studyguideservices.com/ASVAB-Exam-Test-Study-Guide/) - This material is available for download for a price of $37.00, and includes comprehensive review materials, in-depth analysis of questions, practice tests and answer keys with explanations, and tips and strategies to improve your scores.
The list given here is in no way comprehensive and contains only selected ASVAB materials/links. You can find more resources online. Whenever you are using preparatory materials, be sure that you are using the right materials. They should also provide proper guidance, which consequently will help you for the examination.