5 Tips for Making the Best Use of an ASVAB Book
Taking the ASVAB
Deciding to join the U.S Armed Forces is a big decision and one that will require you to take the ASVAB test because a high score in the exam will determine whether or not you are qualified to work in the U.S Armed Forces. In order to obtain a high score, it is important that you are well-prepared when you take the examination. Not only will you have to study a long time in advance, you should also refer to the available resources to help you with your preparation. Getting an ASVAB book will most certainly benefit you in many ways as it will teach you everything you need to know about the exam and how you can obtain a high score.
5 Tips for Making the Best Use of an ASVAB Book
1. Page-wise reading: One of the first tips you should use so that you can make best use of your ASVAB book is to read it one page after the other. You should not jump from page 10 to page 30 without reading the pages in between. When you read the pages one after the other, you will be able to clearly understand what the author is explaining.
2. Regular reading of the book: Another tip is that you should take out some time everyday and refer to the book and practice what it has taught you. Practising by solving problems for an hour everyday will most certainly benefit you. Generally, you will find practice tests in the ASVAB book. You should make sure you take these tests so that you get a good idea as to where you stand and how you can improve yourself. The answers to the questions can be found in the book itself so you can refer to them and score the test.
3. Review of the subtests: The book will review each and every subtest found in ASVAB so that you will be able to get a clear idea about them. This way, you will be able to score high in all the subtests as you will know the format of each of the tests and what you are expected to do.
4. Maths tips in the book: You will find tips on how you can solve the math problems effectively when you buy a good ASVAB book. It is important you read this section of the book properly because cracking the math problems will become easier when you refer to this part of the book.
5. Information-rich book: The market is filled with ASVAB prep books but it is important you buy a book that is filled with useful information as it will give you important and relevant information about how you can score high in the test. Here are the reviews for some of the books.
- How to Prepare for the ASVAB by Barron's: Barron's is a known name when it comes to ASVAB books. You can get this book and get a clear idea about all the subtests in ASVAB. It also contains four complete tests, with their answers, that you can take and prepare for the test. This is the 8th Edition of the ASVAB study guide by this publisher.
- McGraw-Hill's ASVAB by Dr. Janet E. Wall: An important feature about this book is that it has been written by an ex- member of the ASVAB Career Exploration Program. As such, you can never go wrong when you buy this book. It comes with a Computer CD and you will find four complete practice tests with answers in this book.
- ASVAB Basics by Peterson's: This is the book you should get if you want a guide that will help you obtain a high Armed Forces Qualification Test or AFQT score. If you want a prep ASVAB book that will guide you in all the subtests, then this is not the book for you. You will have to look for another book because this guide will only help you increase your AFQT score.
- ASVAB success by LearningExpress Editors: This is another great book you can consider getting if you wish to concentrate on the AFQT score. This score will determine whether a candidate is eligible for enlistment, so if you wish to be qualified you need to get this book and improve your AFQT score. The book has useful information about the English subtests as well as the math subtests that are important in determining the Armed Forces Qualification Test score. Those who buy this book will be able to have access to a practice test online. When you take this practice test, you will be able to obtain the score immediately.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page