What are Online Books for ASVAB?
Benefits of Using E-Books for ASVAB Study
If you are a potential candidate who will be taking the ASVAB, there are plenty of prep materials available that can help you gear up for the examination. These include classroom programs, study guides, websites, practice tests, pre tests, and books. Here is an article that focuses on ASVAB books that you will find online; along with a list of three ASVAB e-books that are quite popular.
E-Books for ASVAB Preparation
ASVAB is a battery of tests that help evaluate the
examinees' abilities and skills in the core areas of English,
Mathematics, and General and Technical Science. The test battery is
used by the various branches of US armed forces to decide applicants'
eligibility into military enlisting and for classification purpose (http://official-asvab.com/index.htm).
As such, the ASVAB test does not endorse or may require any specific
training or preparation programs for you to score well. However, it is
always wise to go over the core course areas at high school/colleges
level, get some practice, and be prepared for the test.
E-books, as we know, have many advantages over traditional books. If planning to buy an ASVAB preparatory book, learn the benefits of e-books here:
- Instantaneous Availability: When you buy an ebook for preparation, it is immediately available for download to your e-reader, PC, laptop, or any other suitable gadget. Unlike, a traditional book, you need not wait for it to be delivered or go and purchase one physically.
- Portability: Unlike traditional books, e-books can be carried along with you wherever you go and can be stored in a single device, to be read anytime.
- Multimedia Content and Interactivity: When buying an ASVAB ebook, you are purchasing different kinds of a content that includes video, audio, animation, graphics and so on. As against traditional books, an e-book can enhance your ASVAB preparation with a variety of materials that serve different purposes and have highly interactive content. An e-book can also be printed and used, if required.
- Availability of Materials in Electronic Format: Almost all good prep books these days are available in electronic as well as print formats.
- Competitive Pricing: An ebook is usually priced almost as same as its print counterpart.
Read on find a list of three popular e-books for ASVAB preparation:
Reviews of ASVAB Books Online
As we know, plenty of ASVAB prep books are available in electronic format these days. These include titles with a comprehensive coverage, books on specific subject areas, just practice tests and pre tests, titles on test strategies and test overview, study guides, etc.
- ASVAB for Dummies by Rod Powers (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/asvab-for-dummies-rod-powers/1100296243) - The premier edition of the book is available as an e-book as well as in the print version. This book includes in-detail reviews of all core subtest areas, with exercises, questions and answers, and tips to improve your test-taking skills. Six online practice tests and interactive vocabulary builder flashcards are also available. In addition, links to external resources like a database of various military jobs with corresponding ASVAB score requirements are also a part of this guide. You can purchase this comprehensive resource at a price of $13.86 onwards.
- ASVAB in a Nutshell from Wiley (http://media.wiley.com/product_data/excerpt/19/04701067/0470106719.pdf) - This PDF book is helpful in understanding the important aspects of the test, like its versions, test content, the AFQT score, and retesting policies. If you are looking for basic to advanced information on the various aspects of ASVAB, this is a good book. Though this guide does not offer any help for test taking, it aids in understanding about the test in detail. The e-book is available for free download from the Wiley website.
- Mc Graw Hill's ASVAB Basic Training for the AFQT (http://books.google.co.in/books/about/McGraw_Hill_s_ASVAB_Basic_Training_for_t.html?id=4U1_nJTWAnoC&redir_esc=y) - This e-book from Mc Graw Hill, written by Dr. Wall is considered to be a vital guide to ASVAB aspirants. It consists of excellent tips and strategies in addition to having a comprehensive content for AFQT. This book includes review materials, drills, and inside information on the minimum line score requirements for specific military job roles.
The list given here is in no way comprehensive and includes only selected ASVAB e-books. You can find more resources online. However, whenever using preparatory materials, ensure that they meet most of your requirements.