ASSET Test Preparation
A popular proverb goes – ‘A stitch in time saves nine’. This stands perfectly true for ASSET. It is essential to check students in the developmental stage so that they acquire the right knowledge at the right time, which helps in complete development of their skills. If they are not corrected and are made to proceed without the required guidance, it would result in skewed development, which hampers their progress in future studies.
Along with being an assessment test, ASSET serves a great purpose in identifying the areas where the students are lacking so that they are able to correct themselves in time. It helps to guide students according to their needs by identifying their shortcomings at the right time. ASSET also helps to place you in a suitable postsecondary course. Based on your excellence in the performance in ASSET, you can either get selected for imminent courses, or you could be suggested to take developmental courses to match up to the level required by such courses.
For students who are taking the ASSET, the test plays a great role in shaping up their future. However, if a student takes a backseat and lets the test judge his level of skills without adequate preparation, he is likely to betray himself with which only he is at loss. Only with serious performance can a true assessment be made that can help students to get placed properly and also have an adequate estimate of one’s qualities.
Steps Required for ASSET Preparation
- Understand the test completely – This is the foremost step of preparation for ASSET. The student should know the different tests, the number of questions asked in them, the time allotted to each test and content areas covered in them. It makes a student comfortable with the test and prepare effectively.
- Identify your needs – The needs of each student are different. While some students are equally good in all subject areas, most of the students have certain weaknesses in which they need more training. The idea is to identify these weaknesses so that the skill level can be brought up to the required mark. It is also required in this step to recognize the nature of study that a student is most comfortable with so that it can be incorporated in preparation.
- Plan a preparation strategy – Planning the preparation strategy includes planning the time required, the timetable and the method of preparation to be followed. These factors depend upon individual preparation level. Generally, complete ASSET preparation takes about 3 months.
- Collect reference material – Appropriate reference material is essential for quality preparation. Reference material must be sufficient and authentic.
- Sample questions and tests – This is the most important tool to provide you first hand experience of the test and its nature. Taking practice tests and solving sample questions helps in applying and testing the knowledge you have gained during preparation.
Guidance for ASSET Preparation
A guide plays a great role in ASSET preparation. A guide is an informer, an evaluator and an instructor and it is up to students to extract the most from the guidance provided to them.
ASSET guidance is easily available in various forms. You can prepare for ASSET from books, notes, software, flashcards, coaching classes and online classes. It is also possible to club two or more sources of preparation. For example, a student who is preparing for ASSET on his own can enroll for online classes and also assist his preparation with ASSET specific software. Similarly, a student taking guidance from a coaching class can supplement his learning with ASSET preparatory books in his free time at home. Guidance can be beneficial only if the method of guidance is selected according to one’s interests.
The official website of ASSET offers Student ASSET Guide to supplement preparation for the test. This guide contains information about the test, test taking tips, directions to be followed as well as sample questions of questions asked in different tests.
Tips for Preparation
Following test taking tips is a smart way of dealing with the test. Here are some tips that are useful to do well and score high in the ASSET. Make it a point to try the tips during preparation so that you are able to do well in the ASSET.
- Discipline yourself to stick to the schedule that you have formed for yourself to avoid overburdening yourself in the end.
- Having a good vocabulary is very helpful in taking ASSET well. Make it a point to include exercises related to increasing your vocabulary on a daily basis.
- Refer to limited reference material. It is better to study from ‘few’ good books rather than studying from ‘all’ books. Hence, the emphasis should be on quality rather than quantity.
- Try different formulas with which specific math problems can be solved and adopt the formula that takes the least time.
- Learn to relax and keep a stable mind. Anxiety can result in careless mistakes that can cost you highly.
During the test:
- Make it a point to attempt simple questions first. All questions in ASSET carry equal marks. Hence, if you devote more time to a difficult question, it would only waste your time, without giving you any extra marks.
- Learn how to guess logically. You do not lose marks for incorrect answers in ASSET. Hence, you should make it a point to answer the questions that you do not know the answers of by guesswork as it might help you to score a couple of added marks in ASSET.
- Go prepared with the instructions to be followed during each test so that you don’t waste time on understanding them during the test.
- Go through the answers provided by you in the end of the test if you have some time left. If you need to change any option, make sure to do it neatly so that your choice of answer is clearly readable.
Correcting the faults and shortcomings in the education of students at the appropriate time is very crucial, as is done through the ASSET. It is equally essential to take a test like ASSET seriously and prepare for it with sincerity. Only then will a student get a true reflection of his level of skills, which helps him to receive the best guidance possible.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page