ASSET Test Prep
5 Prep Sources for ASSET Test Prep
Developed and administered by ACT, the ASSET is a test widely accepted across different institutions in the United States. If preparing for the ASSET test, learn here how to go about your ASSET test prep, and what prep sources to get. Five of the popular ASSET test prep sources are also listed.
What Is the ASSET Test?
An integral part of the enrollment process at many post-secondary institutions, the ASSET is a series of placement tests by ACT that help analyze the students’ academic abilities in an objective manner. While preparing for the ASSET test, it is essential that test vitals are clearly understood, and an ASSET test prep plan is made according to the test requirements. Here is a list of the essential ASSET points to be noted:
- Based on the ASSET test scores, institutions can decide the most appropriate courses for each student. Test takers may also use the scores to better understand their abilities, and accordingly work towards betterment.
- Though there are different tests like Basic Skills and Advanced Math tests included in the ASSET test series, candidates take only those tests that are required for their program requirements.
- The Basic Skills test include topics related to reading, writing, and numerical abilities; while the Advanced tests are of core Math topics like Elementary, Intermediate, College Algebra; and Geometry.
- Whether taking a Basic Skills test or an Advanced test, each test is only allowed 25 minutes.
- There are no passing scores for the ASSET test.
For more details on this test series, refer to the official ACT testing website (http://www.act.org/asset/tests/index.html).
How to Prepare for the ASSET Test?
Once all the essential test details are gathered, it is advised that prospective candidates move on to making an ASSET test prep plan. As each individual candidate may have his/her own requirements for test taking, there cannot be a single ASSET test prep plan that works for everyone. Outlined here is a generic plan that can guide you in the test preparation:
- After learning the test essentials, focus on institution-specific testing and score requirements. Different institutions can have different cutoff scores for different programs. Therefore, ensure you have all the relevant information before testing.
- Choose the ASSET test prep materials wisely. With plenty of materials available for ASSET test prep, choosing good ones can be a difficult task. Choose only those materials that cater to your specific needs.
- Practice well. Practicing with test questions is an important aspect of ASSET test prep, as it not only makes you familiar with the test pattern, but also helps you realize where you stand.
- Reiterate the test purpose and rules. Be clear about the test purpose, and be aware of what is allowed and not allowed in the test hall.
- Focus on your preparations. Focus, dedication, and systematic and regular effort can make wonders in any test prep. Hence, take the test seriously and prepare accordingly.
Five ASSET Test Prep Sources
Now that we have got a generic plan to ASSET test prep, we may as well look at some of the important ASSET prep resources available. Listed here are five popular sources:
- The ASSET test website: The official website is a hub of all essential information on the test including some test prep materials and sample questions.
- Your institution: As testing and score cutoff requirements may vary, double-check for any ASSET specific rules and regulations of your institution. The institution website may be a good place to start with.
- The ASSET Student Guide (http://www.act.org/asset/pdf/StudentGuide.pdf): Available as a free downloadable PDF material, this book includes an overview of the test, sample questions, and tips for taking the test. This can be a great asset for ASSET test prep.
- The ASSET Test Practice website (http://www.asset-test-practice.com/): This is a website offering a compilation of ASSET prep materials for the various tests included. Some of these are free materials that can be downloaded or accessed online.
- Mathhlep.com (http://www.mathhelp.com/asset-math-test-prep.php): This website offers dedicated resources for Mathematics tests and topics, including ASSET math preparation.
Though it is not possible to draft a single ASSET test prep plan for all test takers, the prep steps listed here may be useful for making your own individualized plan for test preparation. You may also refer to the resources listed here while preparing for the test. Whatever prep sources you use or what way you prepare, remember to cover all the essential test points and prepare yourself thoroughly to give your best.
Terms and Conditions
Information published in TestPrepPractice.net is provided for informational and educational purpose alone for deserving students, researchers and academicians. Though our volunteers take great amount of pain and spend significant time in validating the veracity of the information or study material presented here, we cannot be held liable for any incidental mistakes. All rights reserved. No information or study material in this web site can be reproduced or transmitted in any form, without our prior consent. However the study materials and web pages can be linked from your web site or web page for
- Academic purposes
No permission is required to link any of the web page with educational information available in this web site from your web site or web page